Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

09 speakers

x20Runner05

Reaction score
If i had to say it would the headunit installed if you installed a aftermarket. If not and it factory bring it to the dealer.

goin3d

Reaction score
Last I checked there wasn't an xtreme kreations panel that fit the 09's. has this changed in the last couple weeks?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Last I checked there wasn't an xtreme kreations panel that fit the 09's. has this changed in the last couple weeks?

unless there is something crazy with the doors in the 09 I don't see why they wouldn't fit. You basically hack apart the door to make the panel fit in the first place.
I have them and they sound pretty good, but I wouldn't really recommend them because you have to do so much hacking apart of the stock rear doors to get them to fit. There are some better alternatives now. If i were to do my audio again I think i would get a SubX enclosure and leave the doors stock

goin3d

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an alternative to the doors? (IE Xtreme Kreations like panels that fiit an 09). When I emailed over inquiring about buying a pair for my 09 I was told they would not fit...I've seen some great enclosures but i'd really like to have something in the doors :)

Tapp

Reaction score
i have an 07.. ill stright trade for 09' panels..any takers??? i dont use mine since i have the SubX....

xrtaco06

Reaction score
But you want to know what really pissed me off.Everythings there for normal speakers, Who was the genius that did this nightmare.

:dontknow: maybe incase you hated the other one's.

COWBELL

Reaction score
09 racket at low to moderate volume...

I have that 09 with the alienware desktop lookin sub with the pointless "light".
Turned up it sounds ok, but even at miniscule volume all i hear is the bass rattle and clatter and vibration...even when the lyrics are a whisper... so i normally turn it way up to cover the buzz rattle sound then its ok,... but not trying to lose my hearing to avoid a plastic buzz...anyone have any ideas? Im going to a mod day for the first time tomorrow...i think that will be the focus of my attention...still gotta buy wed rings manana so im pretending im broke :)

the stereo is fine by my standards minus this: the loose license frame plate rattle like sound in the interior... long bass tones are just annoying too,
It's an 09 x runner not an 83 cutlass supreme...
buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz not basssssssssssssssssssssssss:thumpdown:
alo the aux input to the actual sounds over speakers is a bit low, with the ipod the head unit volume is usually comfortably at "max" but not loud enough to truly rock out..

also the ASL is jsut some text on an option screen in the radio...cause mine doesnt change **** mang....:laugh:

but back on topic... i dont need 4 bottle holders in the rear doors that i dont plan to open to stuff anyone in there... and the cap on beverage only drink holder makes me laugh...i want SPEAKERS!!

rich017

Reaction score
The xtreme creations will not fit.

Xtreme creations are not a hole new door panel. You have to use the existing door panel to mount the xtreme creations to once you cut a big ass hole in them. But since the 09 door panels are shaped different, they will not fit

Vashx51

Reaction score
Well now I'm happy I have my 06. Seems like every one with the 09 got ripped off on the sound. Every one else gets speakers in all 4 doors and tweeters in the front doors. I guess you loose the back speakers so you can have a back up cam. That's ok I don't need that never needed a cam to back up before won't need one now. I like my 06 more every day. Even more fun trying to find out all the goodies corporate left for me. Always a good day when I find more stuff that's been upgraded.

So how much power does that sub get for 09 and where is it??? Just wondering if it's worth getting cause I can't loose space. Trying for a kid and will need room for a child seat in the back. Some one pm me if you can about the 09 sub set up. Thanks in advance

rich017

Reaction score
Well now I'm happy I have my 06. Seems like every one with the 09 got ripped off on the sound. Every one else gets speakers in all 4 doors and tweeters in the front doors. I guess you loose the back speakers so you can have a back up cam. That's ok I don't need that never needed a cam to back up before won't need one now. I like my 06 more every day. Even more fun trying to find out all the goodies corporate left for me. Always a good day when I find more stuff that's been upgraded.

So how much power does that sub get for 09 and where is it??? Just wondering if it's worth getting cause I can't loose space. Trying for a kid and will need room for a child seat in the back. Some one pm me if you can about the 09 sub set up. Thanks in advance

It's against the back wall of the rear and from what I have heard it does nothing. Looks like a transformer.

http://images.myride.com/images/veh...m/09_Toyota_Tacoma_Access_Cab_4_(768x576).jpg

Vashx51

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That pic says everything I don't like the look of the back seat at all. I haven't seen an 09 inside, but from that pic I don't care to see anymore. Yeah the back seat looks like it's a lot nicer to sit in, but I don't like that look and if you want a 4 person truck don't get an X. Not sure what they were thinking when they came up with that design. I just want to get a sub so I can have some bass that sounds good. I had a dual bandpass in my old truck and I miss the sound and feel of it.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That pic says everything I don't like the look of the back seat at all. I haven't seen an 09 inside, but from that pic I don't care to see anymore. Yeah the back seat looks like it's a lot nicer to sit in, but I don't like that look and if you want a 4 person truck don't get an X. Not sure what they were thinking when they came up with that design. I just want to get a sub so I can have some bass that sounds good. I had a dual bandpass in my old truck and I miss the sound and feel of it.

the back seat look pretty ghetto if you ask me...:laugh: but if you want a sub box that looks OEM and doesn't take up a lot of room contact Justin (my68ur8trd) he's the owner and designer of Sub-X...:rockon:

here's a thread of what they look like...

Sub-X-Closures Access Cab Sub Box

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much, it nice cause I will still have easy access to the storage under the seats when he gets it figured out.

The problem is the new seat cusions cause a smaller gap between them, so I think the bottom of the box has to be skinnyer then before which would cause problems with mounting width of a sub

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much, it nice cause I will still have easy access to the storage under the seats when he gets it figured out.

The problem is the new seat cutions cause a smaller gap between them, so I think the bottom of the box has to be skinnier then before which would cause problems with mounting width of a sub

i thought your guys seat fold up and not down like the previous years...05-08? I haven't looked at the 09 interiors in a while but do the back 2 seats go across and split into 2 (in the middle) like the previous years?

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah there is a left and right seat that fold up, the pic from rich017 shows the separate seats well. I was hoping that all i would have to do is take out the sub, and the center storage bin back there

Top Bottom