Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

09+ Sub Options

thelonedriver

Reaction score
So i just got my 2011 X and i want to get rid of that ugly stock sub in the back... does anyone have any pics of how they covered up the holes it left and what kind of set up they have back there... i was looking at the subbin or subthump boxes...

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
P8120158.jpg
:smile:

MillsXR

Reaction score
damn thats nice! Would it be possible if i could get one of those? haha

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
It was a one-off built by my68ur8trd (the original subxclosures)

Im sure Jstrada could do something, but you guys are in HI and i think shipping would be killer. Is there nobody local that can make subboxes?

darthyota

Reaction score
your othe option would be to build a custom box that mounts to the stock location

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
According to his mod list: JL10w6V2
:top:

and its a ported box.

You, may be able to incorperate something to use those mounts, but it would still be similar to mine, in the amount of space it takes up, and the area.

Search for a thread I made about removing the stock sub for 09-up and you will see a pic of whats inside the box. Its like a 5in speaker:laugh:

kayo808

Reaction score
So i just got my 2011 X and i want to get rid of that ugly stock sub in the back... does anyone have any pics of how they covered up the holes it left and what kind of set up they have back there... i was looking at the subbin or subthump boxes...

If you want a custom sub box Car Audio Tech makes custom boxes. Price starts around $350. The one in Waipahu can build the box for you

MillsXR

Reaction score
$350, that sounds pretty good. ima try go give them a call soon

kayo808

Reaction score
Do you already have your own sub or still got to get one? Cuz they also carry RE and Interfire subs. To me the RE subs are real good. I am running 2 8" in mines and i liked them better then my 2 12" jl w3.

MillsXR

Reaction score
No i still have to get one. Originally I wanted a 12" w6 but found out it wont fit, especially in a subx. So next plan is a 10w6 but its not set, im open to new ideas lol.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
You *could* make a 12w6 fit, but it would probably have to fire up, and the box be a bit wider. If you are going to have a custom box made get what you want:top:

MillsXR

Reaction score
your so right man! ill explore my options and getting my sub and stuff is not to far down the list of mods! haha.

xrunnah_nev

Reaction score
how's your box coming along? I'm also in the market for a custom box, was gonna give car audio a call this weekend. I know you said box starts around $350 without sub just seeing how's your progress going.

shoots

the_truth

Reaction score
I know this thread is EXTREMELY old but I was just wondering if you got anything made? I'm in the same boat; in HI and looking for to upgrade my "5th speaker." If you did get something made, where did you get it from and do you have any pics? Thanks

Top Bottom