1997 Supra on Hemmings auction site

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Discussions' started by Billy182, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Billy182

Billy182 Active Member

2. mejbro

mejbro Active Member

Nice green, but 61K?
    Yikes!

3. blu xr

blu xr Member

it sold for over 72k...

yeah prices for mkiv supras just keep going up every year...its insane. combination of awesome looks, great engine, rarity and legendary reputation.

im on my 3rd supra...love these cars!

mejbro likes this.
  4. Billy182

Billy182 Active Member

When I was in the market for an SCCA track car back in ‘95 the Supra was definitely on the radar. I ended up buying a “left over” brand new twin turbo ‘94 RX-7 R2. Not too many guys were tracking the Supras at the time due to weight.
    I agree it’s an awesome car, and it’s a shame Japan has not produced a comparable car to either the FD RX-7 or the Supra since that time.

blu xr likes this.
  5. blu xr

blu xr Member

lol...my second fav car is the rx-7, currenty own 2, a 93 tt and a 93 single widebody.
    love the engines sounds...hate the reliability.

my current supra is a 95 hardtop, a lot stiffer and lighter than the more common targa top.
    also had 93 mkiv and an 88 mklll.

6. Billy182

Billy182 Active Member

I still consider the RX7 the best sports car I ever owned. I held an EMRA time trial FTD record with it at the Pocono North Course, and I was able to pull Viper GTS’s out of corners with it routinely after I learned to keep RPM’s over 4500 coming out of apex’s so I had both turbos pumping. If I had the chance, I’d buy another brand new one in a heartbeat.

Since then, it’s mainly street toys. The X-R was fun building, and at 400 crank (approx) it is a fun street ride.

Here’s a link to my latest fun toy. 612 at the wheel normally aspirated. This coming week I’ll be installing 3.90’s to wake her up a bit

Seamless and mejbro like this.
  7. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

My first car was an ‘83 Supra Mk3. I would love to have a Mk3 now. Always liked that body style.