Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2.7 Pulley

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Had a chance to take it for a spin. REAL REAL nice AFR still at 10.5-10.8 boost is up but need to data log it to get the exact number because on the dual gauge I have the AFR ratio is on the larger screen since I feel that one is more important for everyday. Power wise definitely improved spins the tires in first gear with a touch of the throttle mid range power is also up. Will do some pulls later in the week. Momma is on Vaction this week and I need to stop screwing with my toys and attend to the Honey Do List.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good thing you knocked out this chore first. :crinklehair: Hehe.

Time for a new accel vid I can tell. Once it warms up of course.

TRON

Reaction score
Seems like this TRD reflash is pushing its "so called" limits each year. And that's a good thing!

Bulldogger, where did you place your AFR sensor for your gauge?

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Seems like this TRD reflash is pushing its "so called" limits each year. And that's a good thing!

Bulldogger, where did you place your AFR sensor for your gauge?

AFR is in collector passenger side of header. Both factory WRAF are in center runner on headers. Been debating on maybe moving WRAF to collectors and Wideband to URD Y pipe but not sure if there is anything to be gained. I realize it would be reading 3 cylinder insted of one, but it is then further down stream and slower to respond......

Picture of 2.7 installed

DSC_1300_zpsaf3be31d.jpg

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you do the FPR mod Bulldogger?

TRON

Reaction score
<(FPR mod)

This is why. :top:

One simple modification too. :top:

Reflash + FPR mod vs ucon/X-1... Both having the same complimenting mods of course. Curious what the difference would be in power? You would think an ems would have the edge. Just curious by how much though? SDXrunner probably has a pretty good idea of the differences between the two.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
With the UCON you will probably have about 20 more hp, some through advancing the timing and some from upping the rpm limit. I would like to see what you actually gain if the rpm's are left at factory limiter. My truck with all the mods and the 2.7 pulley is pretty nice right now, I can actually say I'm HAPPY.:blurock:

Last edited:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
The wrafs in the collector made a huge difference for me. It idled much smoother. Mind u I have the x1.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
The wrafs in the collector made a huge difference for me. It idled much smoother. Mind u I have the x1.
My truck right now idles and runs fine. Think I might just switch the stuff around with the 02 extenders and see if there is any difference. Liking the TRD right now. First gear shreads those Nitto's

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I picked up 18whp and 25lbft with the nst lowers with my 2.8. Which supposedly Slightly more boost then the 2.7 alone. That was all on the reflash. I was running dangerously lean below 3krpms. The trd reflash pulled about 7 degree of timing to compensate, according to my scan gauge. That was with the fpr mod. Never had a single problem. 338\355 on cali gas aint bad

The ucon easily added the same, if not more. I am TRYING to get back on the dyno soon. Shit keeps coming up on weekends. Nice power increase through the entire powerband. I expect to see near 360whp on cali gas.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I picked up 18whp and 25lbft with the nst lowers with my 2.8. Which supposedly Slightly more boost then the 2.7 alone. That was all on the reflash. I was running dangerously lean below 3krpms. The trd reflash pulled about 7 degree of timing to compensate, according to my scan gauge. That was with the fpr mod. Never had a single problem. 338\355 on cali gas aint bad

The ucon easily added the same, if not more. I am TRYING to get back on the dyno soon. Shit keeps coming up on weekends. Nice power increase through the entire powerband. I expect to see near 360whp on cali gas.

Guesiin u got your issue fixed with the UCON?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
With the UCON you will probably have about 20 more hp, some through advancing the timing and some from upping the rpm limit. I would like to see what you actually gain if the rpm's are left at factory limiter. My truck with all the mods and the 2.7 pulley is pretty nice right now, I can actually say I'm HAPPY.:blurock:

Its no high powered sports car, like some of your others, but I am glad to finally see you type those words. :top:

Make it down to Houston one day, once my built engine is back, and I'll let you test drive it. :)

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
All this talk makin me want to get the truck out the garage and romp on it........ Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

TRON

Reaction score
All this talk makin me want to get the truck out the garage and romp on it........ Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

So what does Allan think of the nst OD kit and 2.6 combo pertaining heat, rotor spin, etc?

Top Bottom