Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2.7 urd pulley

Hard Taco

Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"
Reaction score
Thinking I wanna run the urd 2.7 pulley in the future. I have a 2013, what are the supporting components do I need to safely run this pulley ?

autobodyX

Reaction score
Get the fuel pump upgrade kit from URD. I like my E-fan, keeps everything nice and cool.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
AFR gauge as well. Other than that, you are good to go.

Hard Taco

Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"
Reaction score
I've got the aem afr gauge. Do I not need more fuel for the next size pulley down ?

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
If your afr is around 11.5 right now then you may need additional fuel for the additional boost

Lucifer29

Reaction score
Im at 11.1 afr with 2.85. will 2.7 be safe to add.
I have urd fuel pump
urd equal headers
afe dry intake.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Has it been done? Yes. Is it safe? That's relative. More boost means less room for error. If you run the smaller pulley and in a turn or hard acceleration cause cavitation in the fuel pump there's a greater chance of damage. It's a risk/reward question really. If you're going to do it you'll definitely want some sort of tuning capabilities (maf cal, UCON, etc.) to fill in the wholes in the TRD tune (if that's what you're currently running).

I've got full exhaust, intake, and 2.825 supergrip pulley. I've got a maf cal, which has yet to be tuned. I'm waiting until the truck in no longer my daily driver before I think about upping the boost. @Hard Taco on the other hand, is running the 2.7 with a maf cal. It's all about the tune.

Lucifer29

Reaction score
yes TRD TUNE. thanks bud, no high speed turns with my 35inch tires but I would like the extra umfff to get me through the Daycare parking lot....lol. I want the MAF Cal however I am skeptical with local shops tunning it, if they have experienced them and know what they are doing as its my daily driver. Im not very knowledgable when it comes to tuning the fuel fields etc. How do I pick a shop who will not just say "yeah we can tune it" just for $$$$$$.

Top Bottom