NEWS 2010 Calendar Submissions!

Discussion in 'Site News & Updates' started by K2, Sep 15, 2009.

1. gunner76137

gunner76137 Active Member

So how do you see the submited photos?

2. Slywhitty

Slywhitty "Midget Magnet"

you dont yet!. Once all the submissions are complete the big boses will choose the best ones and then we get see and vote on them. I think thats how it goes!!:canada:

3. 07SWB

07SWB Active Member

5 people out of the whole xrunner community pick their favorite pics and then the rest of the community gets to pick from the ones that those 5 like the most :stupid:

4. dragginjess

dragginjess New Member

awesome, im excited!
    i'd like to see the nice rides we have out there, the last calendar was awesome, lets make this one better! lol

#44 dragginjess, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  5. heylookatthatblackXRunner

So I got that program through that site...

Do I just make the picture smaller or is there something else that makes the mb down to 2mb?

6. Venomous_X

Venomous_X Active Member

Ok, Im curious, I have a few shots at the 2400x1800 size but cant get the pics under 2mb....what are you guys using to resize?

I downloaded this and installed it but cant seem to find it after being installed....all have in the toolbar is a readme file :thumpdown: I think I made a mistake somewhere :dontknow:

#46 Venomous_X, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  7. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

Right click on the image and you will see the resize image option :top:

8. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

^ actually, that's incorrect. Although that's what they do on CT - have you made your stink about their process Mike???

We don't modify or remove any of the photos that get uploaded. If you upload a photo, it will be voted on by your peers. The staff have no involvement in this process whatsoever other than to vote just like all the rest of you. We don't modify results, we don't pre-select photos --- none of that. This is completely driven by the community.

Here's how it goes down:

Once the cutoff date is reached, a new page will be setup at www.xr-underground.com/calendar. When you go to that page, the photos will be shown to you in a random order (every person will get a random order) and there will be numbers, 1-10, below the photo. You will click on a number to rate that photo, then the page will automatically cycle to the next photo. You will continue this process until you've rated all the photos that were submitted.

The process shouldn't take more than about 10 minutes but will obviously depend on how many photos are submitted. Last year we had a little over 100 photos submitted and I had no problem voting on them all in less than 10 minutes.

Once the voting is closed, I will contact all the winners and get them to email me the actual photo. If the photos fails to meet our criteria (photo size - we get a lot from cell phones which will not work in print), that winner is disqualified and I select the next highest ranking photo winner and contact them. This process will continue until we have 13 high resolution photo winners.

^ and THAT, is how the whole deal goes down.

Yes, just make the photo smaller. You don't need it to be any bigger than 800x600 for voting. Also JPG compress it to 8-10 compression. That'll bring the file size down too. :top:

#48 K2, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2009
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix "Snow Ninja"

**** yes for having a photoshoot this week.

10. DERRIXRYD

DERRIXRYD Active Member

Hey guys, there is a sizing chart when you download to photobucket so you can post on the site. This does not change the actual size still left on your computer. So when chosen you upload at the full size. :top:

11. Viet2100

Viet2100 New Member

#51 Viet2100, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  12. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

Here ya go brother. Don't worry about the watermark. If you win, we'll worry about taking it off then. :top: BTW, I LOVE this first photo - I think that's a winner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. 2006nightrider

2006nightrider Active Member

^^^Great pics!!!

14. Viet2100

Viet2100 New Member

thanks guys! i thought we needed a rolling shot in there and someone earlier this year suggested these photos were entered.. so here i am!

15. 2006nightrider

2006nightrider Active Member

Great shots indeed!

Do you have any of those pics bigger then 1024x681?

16. vipervenom

vipervenom New Member

Its not watermarked but why not

[​IMG]

17. blackx-runner

blackx-runner "White Flash"

Anyway you can make it so we can go through all the photos first before deciding what numerical rank to give it. I like to put everything into perspective first. I gave out a lot of 10's last year because as I went through the pics they seemed to get better and better. If I had know the caliber of photos to come I might have changed my vote a little.
    Just a thought. :dontknow:

18. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

I would prefer you submit photos that are not watermarked.

My only concern about this is people seeing the photos that they or their "crew" submitted first and then voting them 10's and every other photo a 1. This already happened some last year and it's disappointing that people can't just vote the quality of the photo.

Let me give this some more thought... I've got an idea that may allow everyone to see all the photos, actually do away with the 1-10 voting too. Let me see if I can make it happen. It would actually make the whole process quicker from the voters end too.

19. Super Werty

Super Werty Active Member

maybe show thumbnail view of all the photos

then you click on the photo...it zooms in, and then you rank it 1-10 or close it and view the others

the photo disappears if ranked or minimizes back and you go back to the remaining thumbnails

repeat process until all the thumbnails are gone and ranked

20. Viet2100

Viet2100 New Member