Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2011 Auto Cross Finale!

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Here's a video of the new Drop Steel Leaf Springs in Action. (Next time we will remove spare tire, last minuet decision, LOL, at least we know it was loose now).

2nd set of test drop leaf springs will be complete soon and sent out for testing. If all goes well, we will be starting the group buy soon! Stay Posted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyBS9BYhrYM

redarkx

Reaction score
That's a unique camera location! I like it.

dramad1

Reaction score
Sick vid. Think your spare is on upside down as well.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Sick vid. Think your spare is on upside down as well.

now that you say it, I think you're right. the paint should be up to protect it, and the bracket clamping on the inside of the rim.

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
now that you say it, I think you're right. the paint should be up to protect it, and the bracket clamping on the inside of the rim.

I'm guessing the tire company missed that one. It was leaking so I just had it taken down and reseal the tire.

Reaction score
How about a Christmas special on the steel leafs 20% off and free shipping WOW Ill take a pair lol

darthyota

Reaction score
wow that a really wide open course that looks like it favours vehicles with a little more power

absolut

Reaction score
nice videos, looks real good. now go hit the bumps and see how the steelies hold up.

BondXII

Reaction score
wow that a really wide open course that looks like it favours vehicles with a little more power

It's an illusion. :laugh: The track had plenty of places to make up time, but then there were plenty of places to screw up again. Didn't do as well as I was hoping for. Between trying to find the right line on the track and getting use to the new springs... I'm glad I did as well as I did.

nice videos, looks real good. now go hit the bumps and see how the steelies hold up.

The steelies did pretty good on the track all in all. They have more rebound than the composites so I had to get use the rear wanting to hop on me in the hard turns and the turn around. After one track day, I think that I still favor the composites for the track at least. I think it will end up being personal preference for you guys as to which springs to get once the steelies are officially on the market.

We have our awards banquet for the region on the 17th with a charity event on the 18th. Hopefully I don't have "too much" fun at the banquet and I can get another good track day in for you guys. I will remove the spare too so that you can actually see the suspension in action.

We'll let you all know how it all works out after that event.

darthyota

Reaction score
really? cause when i usually autox they setup the course to favour smaller vehicles where as with that course it looks like there is lots of room for something big like an x-runner

BondXII

Reaction score
It is usually tighter than this course was. They tried to get creative for the year end finale and design it based on the UK Top Gear track. It was deffinately different. I seem to do better with the "car" like tracks anyways for some reason. I can't seem to find a good line when the course has some elbow room for some reason. I have no idea what to expect with the course they will set up for the charity solo event the morning after the banquet. I guess we'll find pout next Sunday.

Top Bottom