Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2011 X-Runner

5000XD

Reaction score
2012 model? Who says they will make a 2012 model :eviltongue:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Awfully strong words for someone who can't even walk without paralyzing themselves:eviltongue:

And yes I will....but I'm going to wait for the 2012 model

It won't be an X-Runner then....in 05 with the new body style they went from the S to the X. Got some inside info on the 2012 Z-Runner do ya?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
when are we goin to be able to see pics of this beast?
Not going to show up on our lot for at least another 2 months.
Is the 4.0 with the dual vvt-i still known as the 1GR? Possibilities of the new one having dual vvt-i?
See pic below...
Hope they put in the dual VVT-i 1GR.
Well, we just got our first 2011 Tacoma off allocation today. It's not an X, but rather a 4x4 D-cab Taco. I copied this info and pasted it to MS Word (so I could zoom in on the engine info), and then took a quick screen shot of it-->

No Duall VVT-i

2011TACOMAINFO.jpg

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I guess no Dual VVT-I....that's not a completely bad thing.

Gadget

Reaction score
I am very surprised they are not putting the new engine into the truck.

Murderface

Reaction score

Me too!! I'm also suprised they still have drum brakes:thumpdown: Name one other manufacturer that sells a car or truck for over 30K that has drum brakes! Bet u can't! Shit I can't think of any that are 20K that still have rear drum brakes!

I mean this is a sport truck with 4 liters and quad cams but only pushes out 236hp! That is soooo F****ING WEAK!! I mean shit, the new chevy Colorado comes with a V8! Our competition knows how to do it.

shaX 07

Reaction score
This is definitely an unfortunate thing that they're not improving this truck.. 236hp V6 today is crap. Drum brakes in the rear need to disappear. They really need to give the X a good 50-60hp increase to make this thing competitive. Or bring out a V8 option...

phat_free

Reaction score
Courtesy Toyota in Tampa said they will have one in Feb. It's the same place i just picked up my 2010.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Weaksauce, but I expected it. I'll keep my 08, thank you.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
x2
Me too!! I'm also suprised they still have drum brakes:thumpdown: Name one other manufacturer that sells a car or truck for over 30K that has drum brakes! Bet u can't! Shit I can't think of any that are 20K that still have rear drum brakes!

I mean this is a sport truck with 4 liters and quad cams but only pushes out 236hp! That is soooo F****ING WEAK!! I mean shit, the new chevy Colorado comes with a V8! Our competition knows how to do it.
x2...and x2
This is definitely an unfortunate thing that they're not improving this truck.. 236hp V6 today is crap. Drum brakes in the rear need to disappear. They really need to give the X a good 50-60hp increase to make this thing competitive. Or bring out a V8 option...
x2
Courtesy Toyota in Tampa said they will have one in Feb. It's the same place i just picked up my 2010.
They should have it around September. That's when our first one hits the ground.

07SWB

Reaction score
Its weird how every model basically got a facelift of some sort exept the tacoma..

The new 4runner, sienna, camry, avalon, I think even the rav4 did..

It will be interesting to see what they do with it

2006nightrider

Reaction score
FYI -

Had a chance to finally take a look throughout the U.SA. and track down the FIRST 2011 X-Runner. The VERY FIRST 2011 X will be shipped to Capital Toyota in Chattanooga, TN.

AND -- It is BLACK (not BSP)-->

2011XRUNNERINFO.jpg

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
does that mean they are expanding the color of the x-runners, or changing the bsp tp black?

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
it still has rear drum brakes...toyota never listens to us...:stupid:

while the RAV4, FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Sequoia and Tundra all have disc brakes...

they also could have r&d a whole new suspension setup that is able to use adjustable coil overs front and rear...I mean its a sport truck why not?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
it still has rear drum brakes...toyota never listens to us...:stupid:

while the RAV4, FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Sequoia and Tundra all have disc brakes...

they also could have r&d a whole new suspension setup that is able to use adjustable coil overs front and rear...I mean its a sport truck why not?

money... its easier and cheaper not to change. I am actually kind of surprised they are still producing x-runners.
Its still a truck, not a sports car.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
money... its easier and cheaper not to change. I am actually kind of surprised they are still producing x-runners.

I understand its a money issue when we are talking about suspension but there's no money issue when we are talking about rear disk brakes...

why would you put disk brakes on small and large SUV's, full size pick ups (Tundra), even family vans like the sienna have rear disk brakes but not the tacoma...which has been around a lot longer then the fj cruiser and sell way more models then the FJ...that's just retarded in my honest opinion...

2006nightrider

Reaction score
does that mean they are expanding the color of the x-runners, or changing the bsp tp black?
Just changing the BSP (0209) to BLACK (0202)
I am actually kind of surprised they are still producing x-runners
Well the XR info I just posted ^^ was the ONLY one showing in the whole USA as of right now. Keep in mind though that I can't see what's in Southeast Toyota Region because they are still independently owned; and their inventory is off limits to everyone else.

I'm sure more will start popping up soon by next allocation.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I understand its a money issue when we are talking about suspension but there's no money issue when we are talking about rear disk brakes...

why would you put disk brakes on small and large SUV's, full size pick ups (Tundra), even family vans like the sienna have rear disk brakes but not the tacoma...which has been around a lot longer then the fj cruiser and sell way more models then the FJ...that's just retarded in my honest opinion...

I agree with you there. It wouldn't take anything to use rear brake components from something else in the toyota line and making them fit on the tacomas.

If the FJ cruisers have rear discs whats to stop the 6 lug tacomas from using those components.

Top Bottom