Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2012 doomsday?

05H0TWHEELS

Reaction score
it is a russian airplane lmao:laugh:

Just saw the movie last night. It was decent. A little overboard and unrealistic in parts. But a lot of true and interesting points of human nature and our major faults were made prevalent, which I thought was cool to show...

2006nightrider

Reaction score
This was on the homepage of MSN.com today, one of their "Top Picks"-->

Article: http://astrocenter.astrology.msn.com/msn/ArticleAstrologyHomeV2.aspx?sd=20091110&gt1=21001

Sam Geppi said:
By now you have probably heard about the year 2012 and are wondering what all of the hype is about. There are people claiming it could be the end of the world and other crazy things. Now that Hollywood has made a movie about it (a sure sign of cultural legitimacy), it is time to investigate this further.

Let's start with the basic facts. According to ancient Mayan prophecy, on December 21, 2012, their calendar will end. This raises the questions, "How does a calendar end? Shouldn't one year just keep leading to the next year?" Well, according to the Mayan culture, it is not just a calendar that ends - an entire cycle of time is coming to an end.

The calendar they refer to is called the "Long Count" calendar and it is based on the real stuff - the Earth and the Galaxy we inhabit. As much as Hollywood and Western pop culture has turned 2012 into something ridiculous, underneath it all there are profound astronomical and astrological shifts happening.

Background
Essentially, there are two major shifts that happen each year as the Earth goes around the Sun. The first major shift occurs on the Solstice points: the first day of summer and the first day of winter. At precise moments on these days, the direction of the Sun appears to switch. For instance, on December 21 each year (the first day of winter) the Sun appears to be moving south to us who live above the equator. On that day there is the least amount of light in the Northern hemisphere. Then, in an instant, it switches and the Sun starts moving north. It is an instant polarity shift.

The other major shift occurs when the orbit of the Earth crosses the galactic plane of our Milky Way galaxy two times each year. Our solar system is inclined toward the galactic plane at 60 degrees. This means that the orbit of the Earth going around the Sun intersects the galactic plane two times each year. Half of the year it's north of the galactic plane, and half the year it's south of the galactic plane.

Visualize the galactic plane Milky Way Galaxy to be like an audio CD. If you were to make a notch in the CD and stick a dime in it, the dime would represent the Earth's orbit around the Sun and the CD would be the galactic plane.

Why does this matter?
The reason this matters is because the spiritual power of life on Earth emanates from the center of our galaxy. The orientation of our solar system to the galactic plane is exalted in all ancient spiritual traditions. These ancient mystics were tuned into a level of spiritual awareness that we are not tuned into now. For instance, they knew that our life on Earth comes from the Sun and the Moon. If it were not for the Sun and Moon there would be no life on Earth.

You are alive to read this because the Sun did not explode last night and the Moon did not fly out of its orbit. As soon as the Sun and Moon cease doing what they are doing, life on Earth as we know it is finished.

But the Sun and Moon creating life on Earth is just the beginning. Our spiritual power, and our level of intelligence, comes from our relationship to the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. What is happening now and being referred to as "2012" was astronomically calculated thousands of years ago. It was known that these times we are living in now would be advanced times (relative to the last several hundred years) of unprecedented change, due to the annual galactic alignment taking place on the same days as the solstices.

We have been within one degree (one day) of this galactic alignment for 70 years or so. For the last 70 years, the switch of polarity on the solstice points has taken place on the same day as the galactic alignment. December 21, 2012, is said to be the day - the exact moment - when these two events converge. These two events will only occur one moment every 26,000 years.

What does this mean to you?
The world is not going to end. There will be no "doomsday." But no one can deny the unprecedented shifts that are happening now. This is an age of accelerated progress, but it is also a time where darkness and ignorance are being transmuted into wisdom and light.

These times were also referred to in the ancient Indian/Yogic texts. We must evolve or the planet and human culture as we know it will be destroyed. We don't need any 2012 prophecy to tell us that, yet it does.

There are amazing opportunities for you to express your highest, spiritual Self during these times, but you have to be willing to let go of darkness and fear and embrace a new future of progress.

These are end times: the end of darkness, oppression, and fear on Earth. A new era of light awaits humanity.

Last edited:

TRD-X

Reaction score
Yo the year is 1999 and the world is coming to an end in 2000! Not!:laugh::laugh: Lets get drunk so we will not feel a thing.:rockon:

rexrunner

Reaction score
So with the Maya calendar ( ending) , niburu planet x coming , sumerian text , solar flares, magnetic flip or switch of poles, and the 12th imam ( not racist). Who believes what? I have read a decent amount into a lot of 2012 conspiracies just because I find them interesting, what do you guys/gals believe? Open discussion begin

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I think it's all a load of crap. Didn't they say the world was gonna end in 2000 as well? I'll believe it when I see it. Not gonna stew about and get all caught up in the hoopla. If it happens it happens who really cares. Not like we could stop it. I will say though. If shit does go down I'll be headed as far into the woods I can an will be bringing all my guns lol

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
I also find myself interested in these type of things but it's hard to believe on some

Niburu planet - not the 1st time earth aligned with other planets

Maya Calender - was off my decades from some stuff I read

I just know December 20, 2012, last minute orgys with random chicks who believe in this shit is going to be epic. :datass:

Last edited:

Toon714

Reaction score
i think something big and bad gonna happen to our generation.
most likely alot of natural disaters gonna happen.
most likely half the earth gonna get wiped out.... :frown:

808XR10

Reaction score
hahahah those articles about doomsday are hilarious, theyre very interesting though but the end of the world for me is when i finnally meet my Maker.....so year 2012 is just gonna be another good year for all of us:rockon:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Merged threads:top:

Yes I know it was an old thread, but a lot of good opinions/input regarding the topic at hand.

I think it's all a load of crap. Didn't they say the world was gonna end in 2000 as well? I'll believe it when I see it. Not gonna stew about and get all caught up in the hoopla. If it happens it happens who really cares. Not like we could stop it. I will say though. If shit does go down I'll be headed as far into the woods I can an will be bringing all my guns lol
Exactly:top:

Last edited:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
My opinion on this is that it's not going to happen, however if it is (you never know) it just gives us more of a reason to enjoy and appreciate life even more.

rexrunner

Reaction score
Just a slight bias picture....its April .. look at all the horrible weqtyer around the world from Chile to Japan . midwest and lower east weather tornadoes , Madrid fault line shifting increasingly, birds just dropping from the sky, fish dyihg unrelated to nuclear in japan as such in arkansas, beebe, inconsistent rain fall, I live in florida and tge weather has changed over a few years, Thailand sinking, the list goes on. Maybe just maybe we can all look back on our past and ask why. Why did we not help others as if they were us, equality over the world, no religion imo. Something i believe is happening but I don't think aliens are coming or anything like that. That would be cool, lol but unrralistic. Aliens exist but who knows when. The universe from what we believe is huge, and everlasting in relation to us. Humans wont live forever so what makes u think aliens do? Ti live at the same time would be the tqsk to overcome. I believe we are greedy and will end times earlier as a human species. Just my opinion

rexrunner

Reaction score
Well its either the andeas fault or new Madrid fault. Either way its not good when it is. Missouri is expecting massive flooding in a few weeks after getting punched by these tornadoes. Hope nothing happens honestly

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
I also find myself interested in these type of things but it's hard to believe on some

Niburu planet - not the 1st time earth aligned with other planets

Yes, the planets have aligned before, but the last time Niburu ( also known as Planet X or the 10th planet in our solar system) orbited by the earth it created a Polar Shift turning the north pole into the south pole and the south pole into the north pole. That is why when they drill through the ice in Alaska they find plant and animal evidence of a tropical climate. Guess when scientists say Niburu is due to make it's 26,000 year pass by the earth...2012.

Well its either the andeas fault or new Madrid fault. Either way its not good when it is. Missouri is expecting massive flooding in a few weeks after getting punched by these tornadoes. Hope nothing happens honestly

I heard one scientist's scenario that was frightening. Basically it tied those fault lines together with America's sleeping giant, Yellowstone national park. They say a series of major quakes along the faults you mentioned will cause yellowstone to awaken and erupt. There was another scientist who believes the eastern sea board of the United States will see a major earthquake and tsunami scenario much like Japan, except worse. Supposedly it would send a major tital wave inland. New York City would be underwater. The wave of water would "flood" the great lakes causing them to overflow and basically divide the country in half. Crazy stuff, but scary if it ever comes true

Last edited:

rexrunner

Reaction score
No actual evidence of niburu only speculation. I would like real evidence if it was that close we would see it already and it would be huge. If the poles shifted...north pole is cold south pole is cold. Even when tgey swap there both cold? So explain the tropical plant life? Their is so much out there to question. It makes it fun lol

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
I'm a natural skeptic and tend to not believe in this stuff. Even with all the predictions, theories, and scientific mumbo jumbo, we just can't be sure anything will happen. That being said, we also can't say it WON'T happen for those very same reasons. We just can't EVER be sure either way.

What's different about December 22, 2012, as opposed to previous doomsday predicitions, is it's supported by actual scientific data. Nasa has upgraded the solar storm warning for 2012. At that time we will be in the winter solstice and all the planets will be in a nice pretty little line at a time when we will be at an extremely high risk of Solar flares.

This is not just some crack pot "predicition" or vision conjured by staring into a bowl of water. It's science and it's all part of the circle of life that the earth goes through and it HAS happened before, just not exactly like they believe it will in 2012.

Then you got all the really weird schyt, like the Myan calendar, Nostradaumas (spellcheck please), the shift of poles and now they're even sayin some planet or meteor, "Nibiru" is headed right for us and we're all gonna die like the dinosaurs allegedly did. Basically there's like 12 things predicited to take us out in 2012 and it's gettin a lil creepy. Mankind seems to be obsessed with it's own demise and it weirds me out a lil.

Top Bottom