Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEWS 2016 Tacoma Teaser

SgtBadA

Reaction score
If they keep the 4.0L V6 they better update it with direct injection

azburnin

Reaction score
Looking at those pictures I am let down by the design of the body. Along with the last tundra to come out, and now this current model it just reminds me too much of an american designed truck like GMC for example.

The front end is neat, but beyond that it looks shapeless and generic much like American Trucks. The tacoma from the side looks like the Colorado. Who wants to resemble the f'n Colorado?

justin13703

Reaction score
Looking at those pictures I am let down by the design of the body. Along with the last tundra to come out, and now this current model it just reminds me too much of an american designed truck like GMC for example.

The front end is neat, but beyond that it looks shapeless and generic much like American Trucks. The tacoma from the side looks like the Colorado. Who wants to resemble the f'n Colorado?

I don't think they look alike at all, the Colorado looks a lot more like a truck to me lol

A3751A60-9BED-401B-AEFC-26EC33285BB4.jpg

2016-toyota-tacoma-spied-4.jpg

Although the tacoma in this picture is obviously a test vehicle, who knows what it might look like when they release it lol

Blue10XR

Reaction score
I don't think they look alike at all, the Colorado looks a lot more like a truck to me lol

A3751A60-9BED-401B-AEFC-26EC33285BB4.jpg

2016-toyota-tacoma-spied-4.jpg

Although the tacoma in this picture is obviously a test vehicle, who knows what it might look like when they release it lol

This looks like a damn Nissan!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
That looks like the sexiest truck that has come out to date :lloyd:

azburnin

Reaction score
Okay lol, the truck. My main point is, the body lines suck. Lets hope it is just a test vehicle, and they've something else going on for the profile. I highly doubt any changes, but we shall see.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The updated Tacoma is going to take a lot of the styling clues from the 14+ Tundra in both interior and exterior.

I hope they make the 4.6L V8 an option. There is a rumor of the small Cummings Diesel being offered as well.

G

4Runner's have a V8 version, which i know that you're aware of. I don't see why it would be that hard for them to make it convert over? Swap ECU's, engine/transmission, & pretty much done.

Gadget

Reaction score
The current 4Runner was designed to have three engines, the 2.7L I4, the 4.0L V6 and the 4.6L V8. It is all designed and ready to go they just won't do it because of the CAFE bullcrap. I have never seen or heard of a 2.7L 4Runner in North America, but because it is offered, it counts.

The GS an LX 460s are pretty much 4Runners with different skins on them and they have the 4.6L V8 in them.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The current 4Runner was designed to have three engines, the 2.7L I4, the 4.0L V6 and the 4.6L V8. It is all designed and ready to go they just won't do it because of the CAFE bullcrap. I have never seen or heard of a 2.7L 4Runner in North America, but because it is offered, it counts.

The GS an LX 460s are pretty much 4Runners with different skins on them and they have the 4.6L V8 in them.

G

4.6L in the Regular cab.... that would be a cool swap. Shouldn't be to hard to swap in a 4.6L into a Tacoma either. I'll just keep wishing that they made it a factory option. As that would be pretty damn cool.

Gadget

Reaction score
It was designed to accept the older 4.7L V8 and most likely the newer 4.6L V8. Now we just need Toyota to make it available.

G

lamecargo

Reaction score
i think they are trying too had to be like the other American made trucks, but its simplicity and reliability are what set them apart for years

Gadget

Reaction score
Reliability has gone out the window.

Nothing like have a nice well cared for truck that is nice and shinny, but the frame rots out from under it.....

G

justin13703

Reaction score
Reliability has gone out the window.

Nothing like have a nice well cared for truck that is nice and shinny, but the frame rots out from under it.....

G

And the transmissions go out before you need to change your brake pads...

azburnin

Reaction score
Yeah the rust issue have alway been a prob, I see rusted out fenders on older 4runners/tacos here in Az all the time.

The trans is just pathetic, it has been an issue for so many years. Yet no fix. :-(

speciald

Reaction score
cant wait to see it. in need of a new truck. been year since i total my xrunner

Top Bottom