265 55 r18

Discussion in 'OEM Wheels/Tires' started by tcook08xrunner, Dec 1, 2015.

1. tcook08xrunner

tcook08xrunner New Member

Not sure if this has been posted before but has anyone tried this size on stock rims I'm sure the hight would be OK just not sure if 265 would be OK on stock rims

All comments are appreciated

Thanks

2. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Active Member

I know bondXII was running 285 wide on stock rims. 265 will be fine on stock rim that's what I plan on running next when these wear out

3. Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Member

Whatever you do I highly recommend the General GMAX All-Seasons! (if they come in that size) Have had them on my truck for two or so years now and love them. Got a years worth out of the rear 285's, that was with heavy gas pedal usage after installing my LSD.

4. tcook08xrunner

tcook08xrunner New Member

Nice thanks a lot!

5. blu xr

blu xr Member

what advantages would there be with the 265's vs. 385's or vise versa?

6. Limitless

Limitless Member

I went with the Potenza RE-11s at 245-45-18. The tire size matches the rim size better and the actual tread width that touches the road was better than most of the 255 options. If you out a wider tire on a smaller rim you will give the tire more room to flex side to side, so you gain traction for launching in a straight line but handling is a bit looser. I prefer to have my setup for better turning and autocross. Plus the RE-11s are an amazing tires and you have mor options at the 245 size.