Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2nd Annual Locals Mini-meet...

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Fall is quickly approaching and I thought it would be a good time to see who is interested in a 2nd annual locals mini-meet? Last year was a good time with HottacoX, Limitless, sbx595, BenXR, and myself, as well as our significant others in attendence. We had lunch at Hooter's then did a group cruise up skyline Drive in Reading to the Pagoda. We could do the same thing again this year, or I could offer several other ideas I had in mind. I was thinking some time in mid to late October. I would like to get one last local meet in for the year before I put the XR to bed for the winter. Let me know what you think...

Pics from last year...

Attachments

• 5@Pagoda1.JPG
    5@Pagoda1.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 410
  • 5@Pagoda5.jpg
    5@Pagoda5.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 427
  • 5@Pagoda2.JPG
    5@Pagoda2.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 423
  • 5@Pagoda4.jpg
    5@Pagoda4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 422
  • pagoda.jpg
    pagoda.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 430

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm I may cruise down again, it was a good time!

Excellent idear!

Limitless

Reaction score
I'll be there again, had fun last year. Was considering autocrossing Oct 22/23 but would skip out on one of the days if thats when the meet ends up being, unless we want to have a bunch of XR's show up at Hershey Park to race :burnout2: Figure i have about two months of tread left on the tires so why not wear them out the fun way. And preferebly not the 29/30th since there will be more traffic for those traveling and parties that weekend.

Dirty

Reaction score
im down. lets get some dates and ideas flowin. im always down for a cruise through a scenic area.

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
As far as a date, I was thinking Sunday, October 16th. How does that sound to you guys?

For lunch I'm open to suggestions. Hooter's works out well because it located in a central place with easy access to the highways. There are are however, many other great local places where we could grab lunch.

The cruise up Skyline Drive to the Pagoda is always fun. Skyline drive is several miles long, climbing the mountain side high above the city of Reading thru a series of about eight or nine switchbacks that go 180 degrees in the opposite direction. Climbing to the summit, about 1,200 feet about sea level, makes for some good tire squeeling and light "drifting." Plenty of scenic overlooks for pictures.

The cruise to Blue Marsh Lake is much more laid back, slow speed cruising, especially around the lake itself. It does offer alot of scenic area for pictures and picnics, but not much else. There are however several roads in the general area that could make for some exciting "sport" type cruises with twists, turns, and high speed straights.

Lets get some dates and ideas flowin.

Attachments

• wall3.jpg
    wall3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 386

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
How about X-Fest East this coming weekend? You guys should all come to that and you can plan this face to face :top:

PAXR

Reaction score
I'm right over in Camp Hill. Let me know if you guys decide on anything I'd like to make it. October starts to free up a little too.

PAXR

Reaction score
1st weekend in november sounds good right now. That would be the 5th and 6th correct? My work can be unpredictable but right now that looks good. Any other plans for place or cruise?

Limitless

Reaction score
Nov 5/6th works for me as well. As stated there are a couple things we can do for a cruise, there is the skyline drive we did last year, and we can add to that to drive the ridge if we wanted to add to the cruise. There is also a couple lakes nearby with alot of back roads which are pretty nice as well. On the motorcycle i normally take runs around either Blue Marsh Lake or out to French Creek State Park. They are all enjoyable and have good photo spots.

PAXR

Reaction score
The cruise sounds great. I looked at Skyline Drive in Reading on Youtube and it looks great. Ideas for food and beer? I'm not to familiar with the Reading area. You have "The Works" out that way right? I've been there before. Who else is in for this? Lets start a count and get the word out.

PAXR

Reaction score
Are we gonna try and make this happen? We should get it moving now since it's almost october. Lets get the word out. I know alot of members minds are on XFE, but we all can't make it. So lets get this saturday afternoon meet together.

Limitless

Reaction score
It'l happen, as of now I would plan on meeting somewhere in Reading, PA around lunch time on November 5th. Last time we just planed for a day thing but if any of you were traveling a little further and needed somewhere to crash i got a spare bedroom or can recomend some hotels, as well as be up for doing some late night activities as well. Got a while to plan the exact activites and Badazz set up a good meet last year so i would just keep an eye on this thread for the time being.

Top Bottom