Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2nd Muffler for URD 3" Cat-Back

Gadget

Reaction score
Maybe I am getting to old or something, but I wanted to make my XRunner a little bit quieter for my long cross country drives.

I added a second muffler to my URD Cat-Back and it sounds very nice and is pretty quiet at highway cruise speeds.

I have been giving lots of people rides in my XRunner to demo the URD MKII Supercharger system and all have commented on the nice tone of the exhaust. All wanted to know the part number for the second muffler I put in.

2ndmuffx500.jpg

It is a Magnaflow #12249 and is an 18" with 3" inlet and outlet and it is center to center.

It tucks in there perfectly just back from the bell flange far enough to clear the bolts.

I have the perfect exhaust shop to refer you to in SoCal or one in Southern Maryland. Should be about $200 installed.

Gadget

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
very nice work gadget! :top: can't wait to hear it in person

I have been giving lots of people rides in my XRunner to demo the URD MKII Supercharger system and all have commented on the nice tone of the exhaust.

Gadget

p.s.- I want a MKII Demo ride :biggrin:

Super Werty

Reaction score
So are you using this in combo with the "quiet turbo" muffler

speed_raca7

Reaction score
have you tried this setup with the magnaflow in ur kit to see if it cuts down on rasp but keeps it loud?

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
quieter than the current turbo muffler?

could I see more pics of that red trac bar? I need help being the first X in the 12's

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
quieter than the current turbo muffler?

could I see more pics of that red trac bar? I need help being the first X in the 12's

well yea it should be, bc he has 2 mufflers now, im guessing he has 2 mufflers now in his cat back, correct me if im wrong

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
Ya, you are getting old Gadget. :biggrin:

I Love the sound of my exhaust....:rock:

ntinhri

Reaction score
0i will son have this setup, Ill get everyone a clip.. Ill be running full urd and dtlt.. I hope its a nice sound, and quitier than what it have now with no performance loss..

blastap

Reaction score
hey steve that clamp that is shown in the first pic of the y pipe, i had no idea it was suppose to have a clamp there.my y pipe did not come with a clamp therefore you did not get one in the box.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
hey steve that clamp that is shown in the first pic of the y pipe, i had no idea it was suppose to have a clamp there.my y pipe did not come with a clamp therefore you did not get one in the box.

it looks like a stainless steel band clamp in that picture. I think my kit came with more of a U-bolt style clamp for that joint :dontknow:
don't know if it matters, maybe the band clamp seals better

5000XD

Reaction score
Nice Gadget, thanks for sharing. So there is still hope in quieting the beast :laugh:

I'm really gonna look into this.

ntinhri

Reaction score

im sure when gadget sees this he might be able to call urd shipping and send me one... thanks for the heads up!! :top:

ntinhri

Reaction score
he told me today that his trucks in cali.. he was in VA with us.. I think hes returning to cali next week.. Based on a conversation we had while giving the x-1 a check up, I dont think you have very much longer to wait before youll see it on his new site..

Top Bottom