304 Rwhp 315 Rwtq

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by Jonathan, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Nicodemus454

Nicodemus454 New Member

I think if 13.7 is feasible on a STOCK 5 PSI TRD setup. 12's with slicks, boost, meth is not a far cry... TOUGH yes but i think it would be possible with the stock internals at 8.5 psi and everything else - traction is the BIGGEST ISSUE... this truck has the b@lls it just has problems getting it to the ground

a good hard launch and some more boost with an experienced drag racer should be enough

#161 Nicodemus454, Nov 16, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  2. XxRuNnAxX

XxRuNnAxX New Member

Mmm I dont know about 12's... you need some pretty good power for that. I don't think you want to really get these trucks to hook up and launch. Would you dare like to be the one who gets 350rwhp to hook and go? Can you say kaboom driveline as well as tranny:laugh:

Only downside on these trucks... they weren't build with many strong parts... its supposed to be a sport truck... silly toyota:stupid:

Nice times though... the TRD kit has impressed me... very surprised at the results:rock:

3. Nicodemus454

Nicodemus454 New Member

i dunno man... Toyota is willing to warranty a truck capable of ~13.7.. i'd bet drag slicks alone would put you in the mid (maybe low) ~ 13's alone, AND you'd still have a warranty.... add boost and meth... i think its very possible

like i said traction is the biggest problem... i would have easily been in the 13's on my first time out if i could get it to hook up A LITTLE

#163 Nicodemus454, Nov 16, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  4. XxRuNnAxX

XxRuNnAxX New Member

I bet they dont know it runs 13.7... they didnt put it out there with the expectations it was going to be a track car lol. Either way... I wouldn't want it to hook up TOO much... or else there might be quite the surprise:rock:

5. XrunnIT

XrunnIT Active Member

keep in mind guys, no one has hit 13.7 yet..its just a projected time. I doubt the stock clutch is going to last launching with enough power to run 13's. So the TRD guys need to start looking into that 6 puck clutch from C2C.

6. Nicodemus454

Nicodemus454 New Member

Well you'd think 'Toyota racing development' would put enough thought into it to think through possible racing situations :dontknow:

Bottom line is its warrantied... doesnt matter what it runs in a 1/4 to them. for all they know it runs 10 flat on this setup. they know it works and they know it can take the abuse at hand

haha how long is another question... as long as it goes for at least 7 years or 75000 miles. thats all they care about

7. SUODRAXAH

SUODRAXAH New Member

I'll hit 12s soon w/ traction problems :driver:

8. Scratchy

Scratchy New Member

Bottom line is it's warrantied ONLY with the stock intake & exhaust - no mods allowed.
    These mods are pushing the S/C HP far beyond the designed warrantied output of this kit.

9. Nicodemus454

Nicodemus454 New Member

#1 they havent said anything about the exhaust EXCEPT for headers.
    catbacks and Y pipes are open season.

#2 intakes and exhaust is power that helps the system run more efficiently, it's not like your adding more boost, it's the air quality/leaning out that they're worried about

#3 how hard would it be to swap your intake or headers and take it back

#4 my current set up is totally warranty friendly. same with the guy over at CT who ran on pace to hit ~13.7

10. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

there wont be any problems with the headers, or intake. i know, because i talked to my dealer when they flashed my truck. it has nothing to do with the output of the charger. the intake is not legal since it has no carbon trap. headers they are just trying to save their butt, as they always have. the day a set of headers blows up a motor is the day i take that statement back......

11. Scratchy

Scratchy New Member

Well let me tell you a story about a member that used to frequent these forums by the name of XRobber....
    As soon as you post your mods on any forum, it's fair game for Toyota to prove you broke the engine/drivetrain with additional mods.

[​IMG]

All I'm saying is if you mod your engine beyond the TRD S/C warranty certificate, then you are responsible for them & your actions, no one else. Trying to rip off Toyota by throwing all the stock parts back on after it's blown is not morally correct & you may get caught, as was XRobber's case.

#171 Scratchy, Nov 17, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  12. trd_sport

trd_sport Active Member

I agree 100% on doing the honest and moral thing....but I'm saying that without looking at a 10k replacement motor.:laugh: Besides I assume there is more to that story. As I recall Toyota couldnt even diagnose the problem...so how are they going to tell me what even caused the engine to blow in the first place? They sure won't want to blame the charger....let me tell you a story about the 3.4 supercharger:laugh:

You are right though, thats why it so important to monitor things closely when tweaking with stock configuration.

13. RossK35

RossK35 Active Member

Yes, and that's something that he chose to ignore so, serves him right.

14. Simplex Effect

Simplex Effect New Member

Lol, I just now finally got to read the whole XRobber story.

Pretty sly of him to get an engine for $2,050. ;)

15. Knight Runner

Knight Runner Active Member

Good #s Jon :top:

16. 5H4D0WD347H

5H4D0WD347H New Member

Moral of the story is dont post your mods above your warranty on the internet :top::laugh:

17. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

what mods:dontknow: :laugh:

18. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

anyone know of a different clutch offhand?

today shifting into second, my tires grabbed :)biggrin: ) and my clutch literally smoked up the street......

still stinks:thumpdown:

19. XrunnIT

XrunnIT Active Member

what about your 6 puck clutch that you sell?? :dontknow:

20. XxRuNnAxX

XxRuNnAxX New Member

I think he already has that on there... I believe john may be playing with some higher psi and possibly new traction ideas:laugh:

Either way, they do need to make some upgraded clutches for these trucks.