Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

400+HP on TRD Blower

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Whos is that??? Wonder if thats the snakebitten one.. If thats Deathshadows i think he was sprayin n all. thats definetly not your standard setup...

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Whos is that??? Wonder if thats the snakebitten one.. If thats Deathshadows i think he was sprayin n all. thats definetly not your standard setup...

ya thats deathshadows youtube vid. stock internals and snake bitten i believe

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
That was 8-9 PSI on spray (35 wet shot) on 93 pump gas with stock Y and catalytic converters!! lol!

Anyone can replicate this setup on the cheap.

Dont know if you have been to the acceleration video thread or not... But it is a pretty damn quick setup from a 60+ roll...

Remember kids, its not all about peak power numbers :-D

JFrame

Reaction score
What exactly is the "Snakebite" when I search it I get a link to the Stiegemeier site that I've heard a little about but all I see is the option for a supercharger rebuild as well as porting under the TRD Charger section.

Bang Bang

Reaction score
waiting for someone to post the shortcut to the thread with all the trd supercharger dynos and mods ...:popcorn:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
What exactly is the "Snakebite" when I search it I get a link to the Stiegemeier site that I've heard a little about but all I see is the option for a supercharger rebuild as well as porting under the TRD Charger section.

Look for the thread i started in the F/I section regarding that.. there should be some info on it.

What "stuff" setup is that white?

Still waiting for my NST lower to come in and as you know im running the 2.6 up top. If all goes well then i will more than likely do what i listed in the thread i posted about steggy porting and stuff.

Last edited:

JFrame

Reaction score
waiting for someone to post the shortcut to the thread with all the trd supercharger dynos and mods ...:popcorn:

I looked at that when I was trying to look at the power differences between the URD kit and TRD. Wasn't sure if it was worth waiting for the URD to become PnP for 09' or just pull the trigger on a TRD charger. I still want to ride around in a boosted X come XFest East to feel the power difference over N/A. Couldn't post in the thread though because it was locked.

Look for the thread i started in the F/I section regarding that.. there should be some info on it.

I'll hunt it up when I get home.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
No one has hit 400hp on the TRD without spray. Closest is someone who ran E85 with the 2.6 and got 385hp and 425tq.
I can't imagine the 2.6 + NST lower is gonna gain u much over the 2.6 alone. I know when Ntinhri did a dyno comparison between the 2.7 alone and then the 2.7+NST netted him no TQ increase and very little hp increase.....it just creates too much heat.

I guess we'll see when u try

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Too much heat = venom cooler..... Whitebeauty is gonna test it out for our application.....

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Too much heat = venom cooler..... Whitebeauty is gonna test it out for our application.....

The venom cooler is cool and all...but its not solving the net issue with the kit...the snout isn't the part heating up the air, while it does to some extent, the actual pressurizing of the air is what does the damage, as it heats the air up to much. You can use Nos, like DS and help lower iats, but then the question becomes how much power do you want before you're gonna pop your motor.

If you really wanna win the peak HP pissing match, get a URD kit. If You want gobs of torque that will ruin URD kits in drag races...go trd and never look back. Like deathshadown said, its not about peak numbers.

Or Turbo....there's always that option...

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
If you really wanna win the peak HP pissing match, get a URD kit. If You want gobs of torque that will ruin URD kits in drag races...go trd and never look back. Like deathshadown said, its not about peak numbers.

Or Turbo....there's always that option...

I agree the URD will never match the TRD instant low end torque, but it still makes pretty good power down low. Get rid of the pos trans toyota stuck in there and you won't be needing/using that low end roots torque on the 1-2 shift anyway. You'll be staying in the power and pulling like mad.
Ruin URD kits in a drag race is an exaggeration, I'd say it comes down more to driver than anything.

I don't know how updated this is, but its a pretty close race between the topped out TRD kits and the URD MKII and MKIII kits.
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=838152&postcount=185

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I agree the URD will never match the TRD instant low end torque, but it still makes pretty good power down low. Get rid of the pos trans toyota stuck in there and you won't be needing/using that low end roots torque on the 1-2 shift anyway. You'll be staying in the power and pulling like mad.
Ruin URD kits in a drag race is an exaggeration, I'd say it comes down more to driver than anything.

I don't know how updated this is, but its a pretty close race between the topped out TRD kits and the URD MKII and MKIII kits.
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=838152&postcount=185

Good as in, better then n/a trucks...sure, it makes good torque. Lol

Anywho, that list is actually updated. The URD kits make excellent power, hence the crazy trap speeds.

And you have to match the kits to the vehicle....what good is gobs of power if it only come in during the last few hundred feet of the 1/4 mile? Assuming I don't blow another rear end, you can bet ill be back in Houston this year trying To re-break my record. Only made two passes that night too. And my kit was far from topped out. :eviltongue:

Top Bottom