Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

400+HP on TRD Blower

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still want to ride around in a boosted X come XFest East to feel the power difference over N/A.

If you do this, I would recommend trying to find a truck with the overdrive pulley and the UCON setup. There is a significant difference from just the standard TRD blower install.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Good as in, better then n/a trucks...sure, it makes good torque. Lol

Anywho, that list is actually updated. The URD kits make excellent power, hence the crazy trap speeds.

And you have to match the kits to the vehicle....what good is gobs of power if it only come in during the last few hundred feet of the 1/4 mile? Assuming I don't blow another rear end, you can bet ill be back in Houston this year trying To re-break my record. Only made two passes that night too. And my kit was far from topped out. :eviltongue:

The only place on the graph the TRD is making more torque is until prob 32-3500 rpms and with the T56 I'll stay above that on the shifts. :top: Just need to get the pig moving without smoking the tires.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
The only place on the graph the TRD is making more torque is until prob 32-3500 rpms and with the T56 I'll stay above that on the shifts. :top: Just need to get the pig moving without smoking the tires.

Implying a t-56 wont help a trd truck too? Proper gearing helps any car, regardless of power curve. :top:

We'll see come this November what she'll do, less weight, more power, better tires......im not stopping till something breaks, or I see 12.xxx pass on a time slip...:blurock:

Toon714

Reaction score
trd blower wont hit 400hp. unless its spray.
and if it does it will prolly hit it 1 time before u start heat soaking and see less power every pull u do untill u cool that sucker off.

go urd mk3 or turbo. to get bragging rights on power. :top:

Last edited:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Implying a t-56 wont help a trd truck too? Proper gearing helps any car, regardless of power curve. :top:

We'll see come this November what she'll do, less weight, more power, better tires......im not stopping till something breaks, or I see 12.xxx pass on a time slip...:blurock:

Of coarse it will help a TRD truck. I wasn't trying to imply that at all. But I think even a TRD with a t56 would be a drivers race against a URD with a T56. On the shifts you're staying in the powerband where the URD makes more torque and horsepower.
But lets face it, the stock trans was junk, especially when paired with the MKI. That thing would fall fast first into the pavement on the 1-2 shift. MKII wasn't nearly as bad, but it still wasn't good either. :rolleyez:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Love how these threads keep turning into URD vs TRD......

Super Werty

Reaction score
And you have to match the kits to the vehicle....what good is gobs of power if it only come in during the last few hundred feet of the 1/4 mile?

last few hundred feet huh? go back at look at the link he posted with the fastest times

Gadgets MK3 has the best 60ft time...better than my trd 4x4. Then check out the rest of his slip. The URD blower is trapping the same mph at the 1/8 as ntinhri's TRD, etc etc. The MK3 makes plenty of low end power. Roots blowers do not dominate at the line

A roll race on the street the TRD will get the hit for about 1 second and the URD will row right past you

justin13703

Reaction score
last few hundred feet huh? go back at look at the link he posted with the fastest times

Gadgets MK3 has the best 60ft time...better than my trd 4x4. Then check out the rest of his slip. The URD blower is trapping the same mph at the 1/8 as ntinhri's TRD, etc etc. The MK3 makes plenty of low end power. Roots blowers do not dominate at the line

A roll race on the street the TRD will get the hit for about 1 second and the URD will row right past you

I agree with this, the urd kits tend to make more low end power than it seems they should. Especially the mk2 and mk3's. I noticed a pretty big difference when I went from the c30 to the c38. Alot of it has to do with the driver. While Kevin may be able to walk most of the mk3's out there, most of those people aren't near as good drivers. I'm willing to bet that if he was put in a truck with a mk3, there wouldn't be anyone that could touch it.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Of coarse it will help a TRD truck. I wasn't trying to imply that at all. But I think even a TRD with a t56 would be a drivers race against a URD with a T56. On the shifts you're staying in the powerband where the URD makes more torque and horsepower.
But lets face it, the stock trans was junk, especially when paired with the MKI. That thing would fall fast first into the pavement on the 1-2 shift. MKII wasn't nearly as bad, but it still wasn't good either. :rolleyez:

Im not even comparing to a mrk1, as that's horribly unfair...Hahaha. and yes, I agree, driver mod is the best mod.

And trust me, I know our stock tranny is junk. You don't need to preach to me on that... I was driving a stock is250 6sp(same tranny), at work. It had a whopping 20k miles on it.... its transmission was as noisy, if not WORSE then mine....gear whine, notchy shifts...it grinded on the 3-4 upshift, just around town...

So yah, long story short stock tranny sucks...

. I'm willing to bet that if he was put in a truck with a mk3, there wouldn't be anyone that could touch it.

....awweee thanks. :top:

Also note, isn't gadget truck the only one on this list with a t-56 :) +1 to Davids argument.

Love how these threads keep turning into URD vs TRD......

What else is new? :laugh:

Until that happens, im standing by my trd. :crinklehair:

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Here's a comparison:
Me and WallasX roll raced from 60 in 3rd and he would get me all the time(he also is runnin 3.55's in his dif). Then we did a 40 roll with me in 2nd and him in 3rd and I'd eat him up. There's really no comparison with TRD vs URD

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Here's a comparison:
Me and WallasX roll raced from 60 in 3rd and he would get me all the time(he also is runnin 3.55's in his dif). Then we did a 40 roll with me in 2nd and him in 3rd and I'd eat him up. There's really no comparison with TRD vs URD

They were both built with diffrent purposes. Yes, the URD kit is more efficient, but being mated to a motor with a limited power band, and a shitty transmission don't do it any justice. The trd, in my opinion is the better option do it having more usable power. But, if yor goal is peak numbers then URD it is.

If Turbo kits were available, I'd be on that in a heart beat as it blows both of em out of the water...

Anywho john, I wanna run Butters this year again, both at the strip and on the street. Im 100% sure the strip will be rape and pilage but the street will be interesting as i bet he will handily walk me once we cress the tripple digit mark...Your comparison was bad as hes got a diffrent rear end and that changes the playing field even more.

But, let it be noted, my truck is still on the factory tune....no x-1, no uconn, no maf Cal. Nada. Im not even taking advantage of it fully. :crinklehair:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score

Any TRD unit can throw on spray (A trd blower an average nitrous setup will be lower then the cost of any FI kit out there - somewhere around 4500$ with some supporting mods) and then no one will be 'rowing past you'. Further more this method nets you a better power curve, way more power potential, and your only using it when you need it so its less strain overall on all the fragile stock components. A nitrous application lends itself PERFECTLY to a TRD blower; not so much a truck running a N/A dry manifold.

If you want to compare again 60-100 in accel video threads.

Wallasx: 5.5 seconds
My time: 4.9 Seconds

Someone would get spanked in that race and it wouldn't be me; it can easily be done. But wait a second... My dyno was only 415 HP and his was 450 HP (or close at one point) how could that be?! -> Power Curve

This is a really old argument; URD is great on the mid to top end (they are peak power monsters).

TRD is a low end to midrange monster

Both are good kits, some will prefer one - some the other and both have their advantages with mods you can do outside of the actual kit.

Why does the URD have a better 60' then you in 4x4 werty?

Lets see.... TRACTION!!!!

Maybe because the lack of low end TQ and some half decent tires = better 60' traction then a TRD truck even in 4 wheel drive. :laugh:

THAT WOULD BE MY GUESS BUD!

/Burn

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I bet if werty threw on some slicks, he'd set a few records....:blurock:

And to add one more excuse, I was babying my clutch and not even remotely launching as hard as I usually do.....I was afraid it would explode, and low and behold, I actually went and abused it and it grenadied.....this year, stronger clutch and no more ***** footing launches.

Super Werty

Reaction score
slicks arent going to help my truck, it already has perfect traction

I also love how these threads randomly pop up every now and then:laugh:

and deathshowdow, stop blabbing about your silly nitrous....no one is willing to test it out for fear of blowing shiz up so why bother bringing it up

ntinhri

Reaction score
I like my Boosted tunrda.. Yes is TRD cause URD doesnt offer a kit.

JFrame

Reaction score
WoW, thread blew up while I was gone lol. I think I'm gonna hold off on a charger for now and continue w/ supporting mods such as fuel pump, oil cooler, brake kit and a few others. I know peak numbers don't mean everything, I was just wondering about the 400+

My plan with my truck is to Autocross it, some roll races on Saturday nights with my buddies (In a safe area not on public roads) and occasionally take it to the strip for shits and giggles. Just trying to figure out how to get the most for my money cause God knows there isn't enough money in the world to buy everything on my wish list.

Top Bottom