500hp is down!!!

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by rexrunner, Sep 24, 2009.

1. DC29

DC29 New Member

CLEARLY im talking about roots style. :bird:

i have my own opinions on centrifugal superchargers that im not gonna share cause this is just gonna go downhill like it already is.

2. RedXRunner

RedXRunner "Splash Baby Douchecanoe"

how about you come to texfest so i can drive it!

3. CaliKnightRider

CaliKnightRider New Member

what im trying to say is that wont a s/c making 400 hp actually be burning fuel and air to make lets say 450 hp. but since it has a loss it only pumps 400. that was my theory. so i was saying maybe a turbo making 400 burns less fuel than a s/c engine making 400 hp. bc in theory the s/c actually has to work harder and make more power to get more power to the crank

4. 08XRunner808

08XRunner808 New Member

i think DS i trying to say the 400 hp at the crank sc or turbo, with the same AFR will burn/require the same amount of fuel and air....and the injectors he has jus wont spit out enough fuel for 500hp

my civic had 340 hp and i had to run 550cc injectors but that a whole different animal

5. muzzyfsu

muzzyfsu New Member

RexRUnner - where are you getting your dyno's done? I got mine done in Miami at TD autowerkes2 - $50 for 3 runs. Let me know i will go with you, I just got the X-1 , E85 injectors, and the NST overdrive pulley, so it should be a fun dyno day. Let me know. I think I sent you a PM on CT about meeting up. Get back to me when you get a chance.

6. rexrunner

rexrunner Active Member

i was wondering how this thread could possible be 5 pages but i guess we know why now...

anyone besides me have larger then a 255lph pump
    anyone besides ne have 3/8 fuel lines
    anyone have a new fpr with 1;1 boost refrence

and i can go on

btw clutch shipped today hopefully, gadget really helped this student out!!!

7. 5H4D0WD347H

5H4D0WD347H New Member

Does two wally 255s count? :laugh:

lets see that skank whore run man.

8. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

So doesn't fuel plus air = A/FR? So combustion chambers compression ratio being equal in everybodies motor, except mine, XX.X A/FR equals XX.X A/FR at one standard rpm and load, between N/A and F/I. Just curious....

9. gtmoy

gtmoy New Member

I think the confusion stems from Cali thinking in terms of WHP and DS in terms of crank HP

So in Cali's example two trucks are putting down 400whp, say a turbo charged truck and an s/c'd truck. The turbo truck would be pushing ~450 crank, and the s/c'd truck would have to push ~470 crank due to requiring 20 extra hp to drive the s/c as compared to hp to drive the turbo.

In that case, the s/c'd motor would require more fuel, or I could just be full of it! :hmmmm2:

10. 5H4D0WD347H

5H4D0WD347H New Member

You dont calculate fuel demand for HP at the wheel, you calculate fuel to feed the ponies at the crank (which is why I am discussing crank HP).

NO MATTER WHAT given the same charge of air the power is relatively the same at the crank.

How efficiently this power is put to the ground is a different matter.

400 crank HP is 400 crank HP turbo or supercharged.

To break it down one more time:

You have a supercharger putting down 400 crank HP which lets say = 350 WHP

Then you have a turbo setup putting down 400 crank HP which lets say = 375 WHP

What amount of fuel do you need:

A. You need to fuel 400 Crank HP
    B. You need to fuel 350 WHP for the supercharger
    C. You need to fuel 375 WHP for the turbo

#50 5H4D0WD347H, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  11. Venomous_X

Venomous_X Active Member

coon baya..........coon baya........

12. 5000XD

5000XD New Member

Damn Doug is going all out on this one. I like it! :top:

Somehow I understand what Cali's trying to get at, but Doug your theory is pretty solid.

By the way A, B and C, both need the same amount of fuel. I think.....

13. 5H4D0WD347H

5H4D0WD347H New Member

The problem is there are a ton of variables but when you break it down into basics (calculating injector size/pressure needed & fuel pump capacity) you base it off of crank HP and a BSFC of a generalized best guess boost application.

At the very basic: computer goes ok this is how much air I have, this is how much fuel I need to inject (it doesn't mind where that airflow comes from).

14. gtmoy

gtmoy New Member

My point was more that you and Cali are on a different page. I agree you can't estimate fuel consumtion and/or BSFC from WHP. It's too bad there isn't an easier way to measure crank HP!

15. 5H4D0WD347H

5H4D0WD347H New Member

Thats when you whip out the scientific calculator and start crunching numbers.

16. lamecargo

lamecargo Active Member

i just dont understand why Rexrunners threads turn into a measuring contest :dontknow:

17. 5H4D0WD347H

5H4D0WD347H New Member

have a seat.

18. RedXRunner

RedXRunner "Splash Baby Douchecanoe"

sit next to me :smile:

i heard he has 500hp under that hood.

19. 5H4D0WD347H

5H4D0WD347H New Member

20. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Rexrunner, you should read name this thread. You certainly have a nak for starting debates with no intention of that. That being said ,I'm curious what type of debate would pop up if you started just some random thread. Try "Scavanging," that and pipe diameter is always a good one. "Stock Forged Internals VS Aftermarket Forged Internals". "Do I need new Push Rods and Rollers?" "Hydrojen and Oxygen instead of NOS." " Ceramic Coated Headers? WTF!" Oh, and by the way. again, I can't wait to see how she does.:top:

Dude? Seriously...... :ahhhhh::puke:

#60 Torspd, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009