Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Aftermarket Fuel Rail???

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious about the interest people would have for these? Most likely the colors would be Anodized Black and Anodized Red.

Benefits: More volume for fuel, can handle higher HP levels, can handle higher fuel pressures, will come with a damper, will look very sexy, or sleeper, easier to adapt an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator to the fuel system. :top:

Cons: Not having one.

A well known company is looking into it for me right now. Said after some research, will have more details. So I will post up as they become available.

P.S. It is APR.

off-road taco06

Reaction score
What price range we looking at here?

Better yet, how much do after-market fuel rails go for in the first place?

If you do not upgrade the fuel lines with the bigger fuel rail, will there be fuel issues past a certain HP range or point? Or does that exceed the HP limits of this motor (internals or not)? Just wondering...

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
What price range we looking at here?

Better yet, how much do after-market fuel rails go for in the first place?

If you do not upgrade the fuel lines with the bigger fuel rail, will there be fuel issues past a certain HP range or point? Or does that exceed the HP limits of this motor (internals or not)? Just wondering...
These would only be useful in forced induction applications where more fuel is needed. Another guy on here (rexrunner) is already looking into it and I think will have the product available and pretty reasonablely priced .
The benefits of High volume fuel rails are being able to run smaller injectors, it'll be easier to tune and the set-up will be more streetable. From what my buddy told me the only things that would have to be upgraded would be the fuel pump and you would need an aftermarket fuel regulator and some sort of fuel management device . I'm not an expert but from what he told me this would be a good upgrade.

off-road taco06

Reaction score
ahh that makes sense... takes some of the stress off of the injectors so they can run more efficiently.

This might be a viable option for me. There's gotta be some cons to this tho...?

Good stuff, thanks for the info so far! :top:

X-roller

Reaction score
Con...you have to unistall the old one, and re-install the new one. Lol.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/fuel-delivery-components-2/high-volume-fuel-rails-3/

Theirs are from $100-200. Of course those are mainly 4 cylinder motors.

From Decendant-Racing http://www.descendant-racing.com/fuel_rail.html

$200.... so maybe another $100 on that? I am not sure.

If you can guarantee that quote you have my business.... I got quoted higher man.... So let me know asap via PM.... thanks.

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
ahh that makes sense... takes some of the stress off of the injectors so they can run more efficiently.

This might be a viable option for me. There's gotta be some cons to this tho...?

Good stuff, thanks for the info so far! :top:
Yeah but instead of having to run the 668cc you can run smaller ones . You have to run big injectors because as the demand on the stock fuel system increases the fuel pressure decreases. The extra cc's make up for the decrease in pressure.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you can guarantee that quote you have my business.... I got quoted higher man.... So let me know asap via PM.... thanks.

I cannot guarantee anything soon. Those are just going market prices for 4 cylinder motors. He has not given me a quote yet. I am only wishfully hoping. It very well might be more. Once APR can take care of some other things, then they will be able to start doing the research. That is what I was told at least.

I would imagine in the next couple weeks that I will hear something. As soon as I do though, I will pass it along. :top:

What would it do for me?

Most everything that I listed above bro. Next time you are down there, talk to Allan about it. He can give you much better in-depth knowledge. :top:

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
Thank you sir. I didn't even think of coloring them.... lol... Red would look nice.

What would it do for me?

Biggest benefit is being able to actually tap these for a bigger fitting meaning bigger fuel lines

Last edited:

outlaw7

Reaction score
im down for one with the hopes and dreams that a plug and play tuner will ever come out for the 09+ crew. I would love to be able to run my 2.6 pulley.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking into a few choices right now. Trying to make the fuel rail as plug n play as possible. On the drawing board, is making it have AN fittings on the rail the are -8 AN. Added with an adapter to -6 AN. That way it will be adaptable for those who want some serious fueling, and everyone else at the same time. Most will use -6 AN. Some testing will be done with different fittings, but within the next week or so we should have some more info.

What colors would be most liked? Keep in mind, hard anodizing has a very limited amount of choices.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Yeah but instead of having to run the 668cc you can run smaller ones . You have to run big injectors because as the demand on the stock fuel system increases the fuel pressure decreases. The extra cc's make up for the decrease in pressure.

You would have to increase pressure to run smaller injectors (which is not always good to do).

Some pressure drop is acceptable and normal under high load, more then a little bit needs to be addressed with a better pump/larger lines/larger rails/all the above to retain the needed flow.

Id estimate the stock fuel lines/rails are good for max 600 HP?

Gadget

Reaction score
There are two ways to do this. One kind of cheap and easy to do and the other pretty expensive.

Keep in mind that market saturation will likely occur at about 5 pieces a year. There just is not many people building and pushing these engines far enough to need a higher flow fuel rail.

The easy/cheap way would be just get extruded fuel rail and bore in the injector ports and thread the ends for AN fittings. Then weld tabs on the bolting mounts and that is it. This is easy and they way I dd it on the URD 5VZ Turbo Port Fueler.

http://www.urdusa.com/images/PortFueler2.jpg

The expensive way would be to mill them out of billet. This picture kind of sucks, but they do look really nice in person. I know the guy that makes these rails.

http://aamcompetition.com/i-4644834-aam-competition-350z-fuel-rail-kit.html

I really doubt there is a sufficient market for doing the billet version, but using existing extrusion can be done very simply and you can pretty much do it yourself if you need to. You can buy a hone that is made for injector ports and do it all yourself with a drill press or vertical mill and just need to weld on the mounting tabs. Tapping the ends is very easy to do. Fuel rail extrusion is available all over the place.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had thought about doing the easier way for quite a while. Just figured that with the machining ability APR has on hand, why not ask. Should have a much better look, and will easily and safely handle, a higher fuel pressures I run.

Gadget

Reaction score
If I could get a good picture of the AAM 350z rails you would really like how nice they look. If APR does a billet set and can make them look like that with all the smooth curves and rounded sides and so on, it will be a very nice piece. It will look to good hide under other engine parts.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have heard word, that the fuel rail is in some form of its final stages. Last I heard, they were being anodized.

No, I do not know when the final release date is, however.

Top Bottom