Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

amp under center console?

vonraptor

Reaction score
I want to install a sub in my center console of my 2006 X, but when I took it out, there is a fan cooled module kinda looks like an amp, but radio still worked when unplugged. Anyone know what this is?

Moneyblind

Reaction score
It's the converter for the outlet in the bed

Lol, thanks babyboi, was wondering this myself. Depending on the size of the amp, you can install it under one of the seats in the back, or mount it showcase style in the middle. I was looking at the back seat today in hopes of finding a new way to put a sub back there, originally I thought to put under the seats, but the seats are really molded into the body so to say, aka not too easy to removed the whole section. I am pretty sure I am going to go with babyboi's xpanels, they are clean, looks great, doesnt loose functionality, and you can get 2 subs :) w00t w00t.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
A lot of people mount their amps under the seat. That's where I have mine. Just FYI there is a bar hanging down under the passenger seat that can get in the way. I believe that can be flipped over for more clearance.

justin13703

Reaction score
A lot of people mount their amps under the seat. That's where I have mine. Just FYI there is a bar hanging down under the passenger seat that can get in the way. I believe that can be flipped over for more clearance.

That's where I have mine. I have one under each seat with the dist. block under the center console. I just took that bar out and left it out, didn't seem to hurt anything lol

Moneyblind

Reaction score
That's where I have mine. I have one under each seat with the dist. block under the center console. I just took that bar out and left it out, didn't seem to hurt anything lol

Thats your ejection release bar! How are you going to eject now?! :crinklehair:

vonraptor

Reaction score
Cool, thanks, I'll just leave some room for it to move some air, and build enclosure above it.

Reaper13

Reaction score
Hey OP, what amp are you using?(if you mentioned it already, my b, my phone is being dumb)

rexrunner

Reaction score
What sub are you going to run?Our console is skinny...

dramad1

Reaction score
Jl stealth box slides right into back of center console. It's about $600 though. And you can fit an amp under the seat

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
plenty of room under the drivers seat
2011-10-19163432-3.jpg

uno808

Reaction score
look into amps by nesa...they are very small, need only 8 awg wire, and they pound for their size..thats what i got

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
this Arc was worth every penny, it never seems to run out of power.

Top Bottom