Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

And the winners are...

05Xrunner

Reaction score
I think you need to realize though that hardly anyone on here is a "professional photographer" by any means.

Your way of looking at them and judging them is probably far different from most people. These are the ones that the majority of people on here liked best, so i find it kind of messed up that your basically saying the winning pics just aren't good at all....

call it what you want..but when I was voting I think there should have been different winners. I am not judging these by professional view at all. I am just not sugar coating anything. I just cant see the fact that like 5 of the pics almost look the same but just different colors and the angle is just slightly changed.

Spyder327

Reaction score
call it what you want..but when I was voting I think there should have been different winners. I am not judging these by professional view at all. I am just not sugar coating anything. I just cant see the fact that like 5 of the pics almost look the same but just different colors and the angle is just slightly changed.

Ok, but the majority disagreed with you. There's a whole lot of people extremely excited about winning, and it sounds like you're telling them they don't deserve it, which is wrong IMO.

I understand you obviously wanted different photos to win - but hence the voting process where everyone gets a say.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
05X: bro i agree with you...there were other photos that i felt should have been in the calendar...but we only can do our part and say our part when we vote...some photos i wish were diffrent...but thats not how it turned out...and thats something we just have to suck up and accept...

shook

Reaction score
yes lennie beauty you got there. Congrats to all the winners Those are all awesome pictures. Hawaii Represents again. We got some clouds, and mountains to go with the TX-HI pix. Unfortunate no snow in hawaii. Some rain will be very nice. hehehe. TIME TO ORDER!!!!!!!!

Haha, thanks to you my truck made it along with yours boolay :rockon:, its gonna be a cool calendar :top:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
calander5.jpg

i love this pic... you can take my spot:biggrin:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay - ENOUGH with the complaining. :thumpdown:

Last year people complained about the winners and I was hoping that making a better voting system this year would solve a lot of that by getting more people to vote on more photos. Apparently I was wrong. You guys that are unhappy with the winners need to realize that we could do it like other forums where -> I <- pick all the photos myself and everyone just DEALS. But that doesn't seem right, does it? The people buying the calendars should be able to pick which photos go in and the reasons they like those photos.

I seriously doubt there is ONE person here that voted 10 on all the photos that won - so none of us got all of our photos in that we wanted. Hell, I voted a 10 on a photo that ended up ranking second to last! But hey... for whatever reason, the other users hated it and that's okay.

Bottom line - if you think the photos aren't good, don't buy a calendar - but keep your personal opinions about the quality of the winners to yourself. It's not going to change the results and it likely will not produce higher quality photos next year... so it's pointless --- unless, as Spyder stated, you're just trying to make the winners feel like they don't deserve it. I don't appreciate it and I don't they do either.

* This post is not directed at anyone in particular but rather to those that had to make comments about the quality of the photos last year and this year *

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Well said Klint.....Couldn't have said it any better. :adore: This is the first calender I'm ordering as you said, some disagree, but either way, still even if some of the photos favor others in styling, lighting, or even angle they still get the job done and showcase the trucks and thats what its about. I can't wait to get mine, its certainly better than the current calender I have of GMC trucks :thumpdown: (You have any 08 calenders left buddy?) :biggrin:

Super Werty

Reaction score
I think you shouldnt judge the calendar until its done. Have you guys seen the graphic art K2 has been using lately? Its freakin tight! Most calendars would be just the pics, with a plain white date section below. Dont worry, this calendar is going to look sick, not to mention the winner pics arent full res in post 1...they will look alot cleaner once finished.

Im stoked for it. I bought 2 before I knew I had won....so yea. You should be buying this because its the ONLY x-runner calendar thats ever going to be made.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
if people were complaining last year...i dunno what to say...the calander was great...i loved it...my girlfriend is NOT into cars like i am...and she loves the the calander...so thats saying something...i cant wait to see this years calander :rockon:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well - we have our first official disqualification. In the rules for submitting photos it states that you MUST be able to produce high resolution versions of the photographs. This is required for print work guys. Print is produced at 350dpi - while screen resolution (web) is 72dpi. You do the math --- the photos have to be nearly 5 times larger in print than on screen in order to reproduce well on the calendar.

So this photo has been disqualified:
phpThumb.php

And this one is the next highest ranked:

phpThumb.php

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Darn, that was a awesome photo too......Sorry to see it go :thumpdown:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Darn, that was a awesome photo too......Sorry to see it go :thumpdown:

Agreed. But there's nothing I can do to make it work if the photo is that small. :thumpdown:

Super Werty

Reaction score
that sucks, that WAS a good pic too! what about the other one with that same truck....I love the rims and bbk combo

shook

Reaction score
Well - we have our first official disqualification. In the rules for submitting photos it states that you MUST be able to produce high resolution versions of the photographs. This is required for print work guys. Print is produced at 350dpi - while screen resolution (web) is 72dpi. You do the math --- the photos have to be nearly 5 times larger in print than on screen in order to reproduce well on the calendar.

So this photo has been disqualified:
phpThumb.php

And this one is the next highest ranked:

phpThumb.php

Haha, thanks to you my truck made it along with yours boolay :rockon:, its gonna be a cool calendar :top:

LOL !! I just jinxed myself and instead of thanking TXR-HI I guess Ill say sorry hahaha :laugh::laugh:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL !! I just jinxed myself and instead of thanking TXR-HI I guess Ill say sorry hahaha :laugh::laugh:

It really is unfortunate -- that photo ranked VERY highly so I think many of us will miss it in the calendar.

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
Agreed. But there's nothing I can do to make it work if the photo is that small. :thumpdown:

Uh huh....

WTF that pic was awesome. Oh well....

See this is how it works.... We pay Klint on the side ... (radiant red owners)
we drop one picture and add more RR. In a couple of years the calender is going to be full or RR's. Good Job Klint:top:

jk.

TXR-HI

Reaction score
Sorry guys, i tried but unfortunately i am unable to locate the owner who took that shot of my truck. Thanks for all your supports. At least my photo was part of the top viewers choice, thats all that matters to me, hence giving another fine x-runner a chance at the spotlight. Good job guys!!!. Keep the positive attitude up.

Top Bottom