Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Another new URD Supercharger kit!!!

Workman3886

Reaction score
Holy Crap that's a lot of power in a small light truck!!! I wonder what they run in a quarter with this kit?

BenMara

Reaction score
do you think tha auto trans would handle the abuse? ex some claim the stock v6 auto trans will take the abuse from the TRD SCer

Gadget

Reaction score
Yes. All reports back so far are very positive.

Most are reporting a significant increase in MPG as well. One guy in LA is stating he is getting 4 more MPG.

G

azburnin

Reaction score
Is it possible to get this kit that is Carb Legal?

Gadget

Reaction score
No, sorry.

Would not take much to get it to a level that can be CARB exempted.

The blow off valve would have to be removed. CARB does not allow any air to vented to the outside. I know some systems have this, but it is not really allowed.

Then the additional injector would have to be removed. This is because it is positioned forward of the throttle valve. Not allowed, it would have to be behind it. So remove it and drop boost and change a couple of hoses to a different material and done.

It is just that sales don't justify the cost of getting the exemption.

So, you plan on moving to Cali and getting a 2TR-Slow truck?

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Recirculation BOV, larger primaries, and slightly different tune. Solves some of the issue. ;)

azburnin

Reaction score
No, sorry.

Would not take much to get it to a level that can be CARB exempted.

The blow off valve would have to be removed. CARB does not allow any air to vented to the outside. I know some systems have this, but it is not really allowed.

Then the additional injector would have to be removed. This is because it is positioned forward of the throttle valve. Not allowed, it would have to be behind it. So remove it and drop boost and change a couple of hoses to a different material and done.

It is just that sales don't justify the cost of getting the exemption.

So, you plan on moving to Cali and getting a 2TR-Slow truck?

G

I see, well I'm looking into some options for a little tacoma. I want a Mini truck. It never occurred to me that the blow off valve would not be allowed, does make sense though.

I will be moving to Phx Az, there are emissions testing in the City limits. Where I'll have the truck registered that is.

I'm still in the planning stages, I was deterred about the Motor swaps due to the statutes ( Which I'm not completely read in on, or familiar with) that restrict such things. I'm still pursuing that idea just thought boosting a single cab tacoma with URD Equipment would be an option/ Also awesome.

I'll be Selling the Tundra and use that Money to finance the build.

Recirculation BOV, larger primaries, and slightly different tune. Solves some of the issue. ;)

True, but once they marry the hose up to the tale pipe would it pass?

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
The system will pass emissions just fine.

The issue with Cali is that they do a visual inspection looking for any modifications. They even look inside of your stock airfilter box to make sure the carbon trap is still there.

If they do a plug in and/or a tail pipe test, the system will pass no problem. If they do the Cali thing and search for mods, well, you will have to know a guy, that has a friend, who dated this girl who's brother has a hook up...

G

azburnin

Reaction score
Not Sure about the visual inspection lol, times and laws have changed.

I gotta start networking for the guy that knows a dude that dated his sister, that has a pink slip to pass me lol.

You know anyone? haha

Gadget

Reaction score
Yes, they buy a LOT of stuff from URD.

G

azburnin

Reaction score
Haha, yes I bet lol. So would you consider building up a 22RE? I know its a lot to ask, but you are the man to ask?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What's just one more accessory belt on a 22RE?

Top Bottom