Anyone disabled TC/VSC and installed LSD on an '09

Discussion in 'Stock Performance/Mechanical' started by LateOnTheBrakes, Oct 5, 2009.

1. LateOnTheBrakes

Do you disable the electronics every time you get in the truck? Or does the limited slippage between the two wheels keep the VSC from kicking in?

2. STONER-X

STONER-X Active Member

just run the wheel sensor to the front tires...... then it will only come on if u start to spin out.... and do one hell of a dont YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA haha jk

3. LateOnTheBrakes

Front wheels both have their own sensors. They just use the ABS (wheel speed) sensor.

4. gen2crvtec

gen2crvtec New Member

you could try unplugging your wheel speed sensors that was something i was thinking about

5. LateOnTheBrakes

What part number did you use for the LSD, and where did you get it? I'm trying to price out the LSD and the bearings, I will not be doing a gear swap though.

6. darthyota

darthyota Active Member

best thing to do is just pull the fuses thats what i did after i found out all those systems are there to be a nanny and not let me have any fun, only downside to this is you loose your abs too which in the summer when i run the truck like that isnt an issue for me. once i get some more cash i to will be putting in a tru trac. now that its winter however i have my traction control and abs fuses back in just to keep the truck stable and controllabe when its this slick out.

7. Yotaxrunner10

Yotaxrunner10 New Member

Anyone got this figured out yet on our 09 + xrunners?? I just purchased a tt 913a541.....anyways will be getting it put in for my birthday.....I guess I'll let you guys know how it goes. Quick question is there any other parts I will need other than diff fluid?
    Thanks.

8. Blue10XR

Blue10XR Member

I have the trutrac kit sitting in my garage. It comes with everything you need except gear oil and tools to install it. I am looking for a pumpkin if anyone has one. That way I can keep my stock in the event I need to swap. I may change my ratio while I'm at it.

9. autobodyX

autobodyX Active Member

Eaton recommends redline shockproof. You also need bearings and thread locker. I purchased a new gasket when I did mine. It is very thin most guys just use RTV

Attached Files:

10. RacerX

RacerX OneNastyMan

If you disconnect 1 wheel speed sensor, the VSC/ABS should disable cause it needs all or it becomes a logic fault.

11. autobodyX

autobodyX Active Member

I prefer to introduce a engine ECU fault to disable the stability control. Doing so allows the ABS to function if it is needed. You have to replete the fault every 5th key cycle or introduce a more permanent fault.