Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

APR E85 upgrade

Super Werty

Reaction score
What he means is that he will be running on E85 with his TRD blower...and he is going to spray nitrous on top of that. His truck is gonna be super cooled and really fast.

As for mileage, expect worse than your current mpg. Your going to be using more fuel than you do now with gasoline. Although E85 is much cheaper than gas, so it evens out.

ntinhri

Reaction score
Thats all death has been doing.... Says, talking, B.S.ing... no proof..... no videos... I want to see acc videos..

Last edited:

CJX-RUNNER

Reaction score
What he means is that he will be running on E85 with his TRD blower...and he is going to spray nitrous on top of that. His truck is gonna be super cooled and really fast.

As for mileage, expect worse than your current mpg. Your going to be using more fuel than you do now with gasoline. Although E85 is much cheaper than gas, so it evens out.

Yeh.,I finally figured it out.... And looks like the E85 is 20-30% less efficient, but only 18% cheaper. Doesn't really equal out as far as money saved, but the power gains would be nice! Plus theirs the purchase of the larger injectors to upgrade to.

Also it looks like we definitely could upgrade to these injectors with an n/a engine. But would we definitely have to purchase the X-1 too?

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Also it looks like we definitely could upgrade to these injectors with an n/a engine. But would we definitely have to purchase the X-1 too?

you need the X-1 to time and tune the whole setup together...but for N/A applications this wouldn't work...this setup is meant for those running some kind of F/I setup...

Super Werty

Reaction score
Yeh.,I finally figured it out.... And looks like the E85 is 20-30% less efficient, but only 18% cheaper. Doesn't really equal out as far as money saved, but the power gains would be nice! Plus theirs the purchase of the larger injectors to upgrade to.

I guess it depends on how much gas and E85 is. For example this time last year, gas was $4 here and E85 was $1.99. Thats a huge difference. Right now though, Gas is $2.40 and E85 is still $1.99. In AZ that is

you need the X-1 to time and tune the whole setup together...but for N/A applications this wouldn't work...this setup is meant for those running some kind of F/I setup...

No this works with N/A set ups too. Maybe not as well. But it still cools and allows for more timing. Also good for N/A with NAWSSSS

Gadget

Reaction score

If you want to run E85 on an N/A engine for higher compression or nitrous or what ever, here is a tip for you to do it CHEAPLY.

Find someone that has a TRD supercharger and has replaced his TRD injectors with larger ones. Get his old TRD injectors and put them in your truck with some kind of controller like the X-1 and you can run E85!!!

G

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I will be running E85 on spray on boost.

How will u manage to do that? Would this yeild better hp gains then running e85 and proper map[/quote]

It would be much safer!

Just compensate for the fueling changes in the jetting and as you would normally.

Thats all death has been doing.... Says, talking, B.S.ing... no proof..... no videos... I want to see acc videos..

Very soon...

I dont have as much time for my own truck as id like.

But im hoping tomorrow I will get it wrapped up...

Can you buy 105UL race fuel for $2.15 (still cheaper then 93 even with more consumption) a gallon?

I cant!

Last edited:

ABP

Reaction score
Just got home last night from doing the E85 conversion. It frigging rocks! I live less than a mile from the E85 station so I am just running the map in the X-1. I would have to equate the difference between running 93 octane vs E85 is like running a TRD blower with trd flash vs trd blower with a X-1. This truck flat out screams.

Tunedx

Reaction score
Just got home last night from doing the E85 conversion. It frigging rocks! I live less than a mile from the E85 station so I am just running the map in the X-1. I would have to equate the difference between running 93 octane vs E85 is like running a TRD blower with trd flash vs trd blower with a X-1. This truck flat out screams.

Whats better to run 93 octane and spraying e85 through 7th injector or e85 and proper map?

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
yup just like the G man said. im planning on running trd injectors and run a e85 fuel map. even for NA this will yield at least another 15-20 hp. you can run a lot more aggressive timing so this is where u will pull the extra ponies. it would be a great idea for those who cannot afford trd s/c and want a lil more na power. i want to do this so bad but dont have any e85 gas stations near by. im still going to do this anyway so whenever i do have the oppurtunity i will run that fuel. forced induction or not this a great idea to get more power and run a lot cooler as well

Super Werty

Reaction score
Whats better to run 93 octane and spraying e85 through 7th injector or e85 and proper map?

The 7th injector gets its fuel directly off the fuel rail. So you are only going to be using one type of fuel here.

E85 isnt used on top of regular gas. You fill up a full tank of E85 and its shot through the primaries and the 7th. The map from APR either uses the 7th or not, depending on whether or not you have a 7th.

Tunedx

Reaction score
The 7th injector gets its fuel directly off the fuel rail. So you are only going to be using one type of fuel here.

E85 isnt used on top of regular gas. You fill up a full tank of E85 and its shot through the primaries and the 7th. The map from APR either uses the 7th or not, depending on whether or not you have a 7th.

I was on the apr site and u can order the 7th injector nozzle with a noz port. I guess u can introduce e85 through this port as Deathshadow had meationed earlier. I'm just wondering what the benefit would be opposed the regular (93 octane) 7th injector setup and running e85 with the proper map.

STONER-X

Reaction score
since the e85 has a higher octane rating, could you run bout 1/8 tank e85 then mix in the rest 93???

Super Werty

Reaction score
I was on the apr site and u can order the 7th injector nozzle with a noz port. I guess u can introduce e85 through this port as Deathshadow had meationed earlier. I'm just wondering what the benefit would be opposed the regular (93 octane) 7th injector setup and running e85 with the proper map.

If you have E85 in your gas tank, its going to go through the primary injectors and the 7th at the same time. Deathshadow is using his own separate port on the back side of the blower to spray his nitrous.

If you order the 7th with a nitrous nozzle, then the 7th wont be hooked up to the stock fuel rail anymore, but instead would be hooked up to a nitrous bottle.

The benefit of E85 over 93 is that it is the equivalent of 105+ octane. If you run E85 and you have a 7th injector, you will be gaining even more power by the cooling effect of the 7th, and the power gain by the advance in timing(on the new APR E85 map).

STONER-X

Reaction score
you could set up a separate tank and pump to run a 7th that will spray e85

Tunedx

Reaction score

Thats what I'm talking about. Is this better then running e85 and proper tune.

Then you would switch back to a gasoline suitable map, DO NOT EVER run gasoline with an E85 map loaded.

You can run these injectors with 93.

To see the savings look at it this way:

Pump 93: 3.00$ a gallon
E85: 2.15 a gallon
Race fuel 105UL: $6-8.00 a gallon

You can see that even burning 30% more still comes out less then 93, AND your getting essentially a 105UL fuel for the price of middle grade gas.... with more power, with more safety.

E85 isn't all about making more power either.. It's a much more forgiving fuel to run. So even if you don't want 30 extra HP... Its a much less volatile fuel and safer to run in high temperature conditions.

I will be running E85 on spray on boost.

Looks like deathshadow is not running noz through 7th. Its e85

Last edited:

ABP

Reaction score

I am sure you could do that. It might be tough to tune. To get the most out of the E85 it would be best just to run straight E85. If you are going to run something only through the 7th injector and 93 through the rest then Methanol might be a better/easier choice. To give you an idea of how well the E85 works. When APR was tuning it he kept slowly adding timing to try to get it to detonate (just a little so we could back it down from there) At one point he added 37 degrees of timing and still no detonation. These tuning runs were done in 100+ degree heat. Now I am not suggesting to anyone to run 37 degrees of addition timing but it give you an idea of what is possible. On 93 octane the highest he pushed it was 23 degrees.

Top Bottom