Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

APR T56 Swap!!!!!!

turbomach1

Reaction score
Got my T56 swap in yesterday. Though i would share some pics.

Attachments

• photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 380
  • photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 459
  • photo_4.jpg
    photo_4.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 333
  • get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 399

Tunedx

Reaction score
Another amazing product from APR. Time to boost that shit!!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Take some pix of the install.

Here is a tip: take a grinding bit to the beveled tip of the input shaft. Make it a smoother progression versus the steep one it has. That will make stabbing the transmission, that much easier.

turbomach1

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip torspd. Going to need as many as I can get. I plan on doing a step by step with a lot of pics.

I have been calling APR for 3 months. They finally let me have one. I am very thankful, because I really hate the stock transmission these trucks came with. Fills just like my 2rz 5 speed had in my old Tacoma.

Thanks for the tip torspd. Going to need as many as I can get. I plan on doing a step by step with a lot of pics.

I have been calling APR for 3 months. They finally let me have one. I am very thankful, because I really hate the stock transmission these trucks came with. Fills just like my 2rz 5 speed had in my old Tacoma.

Last edited:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Following along for this one, I need to get this done one of these days...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
IIRC, $2200. Sans transmission, clutch disk, and driveshaft.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Awesome wow!!! Glad u were able to get in on one man!!! Congrats. Hopefully this is followed by a build thread!!!

turbomach1

Reaction score
I am going with everything new transmission. Going to be close to 6k all said and done. Kit shipped to me was 2350.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Another tip, is if your transmission didn't come with the 26 or 28 spline input shaft, then upgrade it to that one. Plenty of ones on the market, and much stronger upgrade.

turbomach1

Reaction score
Ordering my trans from Richland standard gear. It's a 26 spline input shaft. Wonder how
Many people have done this swap?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
About 10 I think. Being that your member name is mach1, I figured that you would know about the input shaft. I just wanted to be sure.

Best choice by far. :top: Now, if you have the 30 spline output shaft as well. ;)

Bulldogger

Reaction score
As much as I want to do this swap I really don't have the patience to deal with APR's lack of customer service. Several e-mail phone calls nothing is ever answered. Maybe if I lived close to them and could drive by, that would be a different story. But as it stands now I would never feel comfortable sending them money.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you like, i could try calling and seeing if there are any more available kits?

sinister07

Reaction score
I don't understand how a company can stay in business by not producing a kit that is in demand. Crazy to me.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah really, what do they produce a regular supply of. They seem more like a individual custom shop

Top Bottom