Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

APR T56 Swap!!!!!!

turbomach1

Reaction score
Here is a 40-90

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y66Q_KuisTA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

turbomach1

Reaction score
Don't know if this is bc of the swap or not. Yesterday I was coasting down the road in neutral rolling about 60 or so. I decide to see what would happened if I tried to set cruise control. As soon as I let off the button the rpm jumped up like it thought it was in gear. Tapped the brake and it dropped.
Just wondering if a stock X does the same thing.

X-FREAK

Reaction score
That is weird... Never tried setting cruise in neutral but now I'm interested to try and see what happens

Murderface

Reaction score
If u have the cruise set and push the shifter into neutral without using the clutch the engine will rev up to redline as if u floored it

rexrunner

Reaction score
Don't know if this is bc of the swap or not. Yesterday I was coasting down the road in neutral rolling about 60 or so. I decide to see what would happened if I tried to set cruise control. As soon as I let off the button the rpm jumped up like it thought it was in gear. Tapped the brake and it dropped.
Just wondering if a stock X does the same thing.

That's becauae your clutch switch is bypassed. Possibly for a renote alarm or such

turbomach1

Reaction score
7500 miles on it now. Pulled a 16 foot trailer with 71 Chevy c10 pickup with it since then too. Loving the set up. Gettin around 18 mpg. Kinda in the air about supercharging it or swapping a lsx motor in it. Tried asking one guy on here about how he hooked up a/c on his ls1 swap, but he/she never respond back. Sure I can figure out. Just wish he would help out.

The clutch grabs real good. Rainy days are loads of fun.:biggrin:

The switch is still hooked up. Have to push it to crank it

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Rexrunner did the swap as well. Did you ask him, or the other member about the A/C?

rexrunner

Reaction score
9546849109 is my cell. Feel free to call or text. Anyone rather that...ibdont check my inbox much

You will need a pulse latch relay which allows the momentary action of the factory button to turn a circuit on and leave it in that position until it recieves another pulse to de activate. In turn turns a momentart switch to a constant switch

There is one wire you will need to hook up to that relay to get the ac light to light up as desired. Ill check mine

Im using a corvette flash so my pcm is pinned accordingly. My flash only requires a high pressure switch to turn on which gets soldered into the ac lines.

There is also another relay that needs to be tapped into under the hood to the pcm. The pcm knows when you request ac but it needs more from two wires telling it that 1 the relay got a 12v signal to latch and 2 to confirm that it latched and that the compressor in turn is getting a 12v signal to latch its mag clutch.

Hope this helps

turbomach1

Reaction score
Thanks. I will hit you up when I get all of it up and running again after the swap.

rexrunner

Reaction score
There is 2 clucth swicthes. One for starting and one for cruise control

X-FREAK

Reaction score
I tried this all factory no switches bypassed and pushed the clutch in to go into neutral and it still tried to rev up when setting cruise, Must just be how it is from the factory there is no safety override for it

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
How did that remote bleeder work out for you? Didnt see any more post about the install so I guess it went in easy and worked properly?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope it worked well. I am getting one as well. That AC Delco bleeder is just messy and a pain.

Top Bottom