APR X-1 Tuning

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by Kevin S., Mar 1, 2018.

1. Kevin S.

Kevin S. Member

Original post clipped from fuel pump info thread......speaking of gadget I need to pm you about the tune I have on my apr x1 - it's currently tuned for 93 and we only have 91 here. Can you help me out with that ?
    Thanks !

#1 Kevin S., Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2018
    BSP06XRU likes this.
  2. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

No, sorry. Do be careful. I would suggest you go to the APR site and download the tuning software and that will allow you to back some timing out, but the APR site is dead and gone it seems.

Their tuning files were much more aggressive than the URD files and I know one customer in TX had an aggressive tune in his X-1 and I warned him to get with APR and dial that back a bit because he was a Marine and driving out to CA for training. I knew CA gas was going to be a problem for him. APR suggested I did not know what I was talking about. Well the guy had to tow his truck back to TX because the engine blew on CA gas. Ask around and see if anyone has a copy of the software and the tuning file you need so you can edit it a bit.

Kevin S. likes this.
  3. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

4. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

No I didn’t. Guess I should have and saved it. Sorry!

5. Kevin S.

Kevin S. Member

No good, so basically i'm SOL ? I bought the apr x1 2nd hand used from a member here without knowing that apr went under. He did send me a usb thumb drive. I have not messed around with anything yet. He did say that you tuned it for him. His name is Jeremias on here.

6. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

That's been the rub with the X-1 since APR stopped producing them. Support has been spotty at best. It's been that way for years now. Some people have gotten through to APR, others are ignored. If you ask around, I'm sure you'll find someone who still has the software and the tunes.....let me reach out to a couple people.....

7. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

@Kevin S. I may be able to help you out. Are you just looking for X-Tune? Or a specific map?

#7 NHXRUNNER, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  8. Nashman

Nashman Member

google time muchine and then you can down load all the files ya want that is how i got mine

Kevin S. likes this.
  9. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

I was able to acquire a bunch of them from @akakrill. He's had almost every configuration of the URD S/C from MKI to MKIII so he had quite a few maps as well as a copy of the X-Tune install file. That being said, if the map that is currently installed on the X-1 is a URD calibration, it is my understanding that 91 and 93 octane used the same map. Maybe @Gadget can confirm that? If it is an APR cal file, I can't speak to that at all.

Kevin S. likes this.
  10. Nashman

Nashman Member

I have the stock hot map and it has a nasty buck when ya slam shift and has bit of buck when rollling into power to then laying off throttle goes lean ritch have yet to hook my laptop to it

11. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

What's the name of the cal file?

12. Kevin S.

Kevin S. Member

Gadget tuned the last map. I don't know if it's a x-tune or apr cal file ?

13. Nashman

Nashman Member

14. Nashman

Nashman Member

just got the The tta 40.04 file from josh payne

this map is the best so far compared to the 40.03

i still have 1 rich spot in the map my wide banned only list's to 10.0

once i get rid of the stock y pipe and make a equal legth it should sound alot better and mabye lean the truck out a bit at full throttle i am at 11