Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Attending John's Services

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
I will be there for both. Leaving early Friday am. Looking at a 9.5 hr drive.

Keep an eye out for the random Ontario plate. Lol

Any name of meeting places would be helpful

Limitless

Reaction score
Sounds like people are just gonna be in and out Friday depending on when they can get there. If i go I'll probably try and coordinate meeting up with Kim and anyone shes with.

For Saturday morning, looking at whats around i would say maybe meet at the Collingswood Diner or one of the parking lots next to it.

201 Crescent Boulevardhttp://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&b...092c69,Collingswood,+NJ&gl=us&sa=X&ei=Azr_UN#
Oaklyn, NJ 08107

Or maybe meet at one of the gas stations like a wawa or something.

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Greg I will let u know when closer. Planning on leaving early Friday am. Approx 9.5 hr drive. Should be there just before dinner.

Just what I am making for the service. Don't know if you guys like but green and black for John

Sorry couldn't find gold

Attachments

• image-4167931366.jpg
    image-4167931366.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 131

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Just thought everyone would like to see

This is John's obituary. This has been taken from the Creran Funeral Home's website

JECKOT
John Michael
On January 20, 2013 of Collingswood, NJ, age 39. He is the beloved husband of Nancy C. (nee Lee), devoted father of Anna and Isabel, loving son of Jack and Christine Jeckot and dear grandson of Patricia Bennett. He is also survived by his sister Elizabeth Lee, his brother Christopher Jeckot, his brother-in-law Warren Finch (Winnie). He cherished his nephews Austin and Jackson, his niece Zoe and nephew Max and many loving aunts, uncles, cousins and dear friends. John will be remembered for how he always took time to help others. He was a member of the X-Runner Underground, enjoyed upgrading his pick-up and sharing his knowledge of the planets and stars. He was an avid fan of the Flyers. As a talented drummer he listened to and played along with heavy metal music. He was known to use his quick wit and humor to make people laugh. Most importantly, John always remarked how much he loved “his girls”. Relatives and friends are invited to meet Friday evening from 6:00 to 9:00 PM and again Saturday from 10:00 to 11:00 AM at the CRERAN FUNERAL HOME, 400 WHITE HORSE PIKE, OAKLYN, NJ. John’s funeral service will be held 11:00 AM at the funeral home. Interment will be private and held at the convenience of his family. An Educational Fund for John's children has been set up at PNC Bank. Contributions may be made at any PNC branch under the name of M. Christine Jeckot.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I just want to thank anyone and everyone who can make it to service. I'm not in position to be able to get there. Hope we can get a meet that way, it would be awesome to pay respects with others during that meet.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
So can I get a head count, actually more of a vehicle count? I was thinking of getting a few vinyls cut and bringing them down with me for each of us that are going to attend.

Gadget

Reaction score
I am planning on the viewing on Friday.

Not sure if I am going to make the funeral on Sat.

Question, is the funeral service going to be held at the funeral home and is there also going to be a grave site service necessitating a caravan?

G

Limitless

Reaction score
It looks like they are just doing the funeral service at the funeral home. I am probably in for Friday and definately Saturday.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Maria and I will more than likely attend both.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Anyone south of me (Fredericksburg, VA) that is attending the service besides Yardie?...that might be rolling up I-95.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
attachment.php

I encourage everyone to wear one of these or incorporate the colors somehow in honor of John. Thanks for the idea. The flowers that we are sending on behalf of the XRU family will incorporate the same colors in his memory.

Gadget

Reaction score
Anyone south of me (Fredericksburg, VA) that is attending the service besides Yardie?...that might be rolling up I-95.

I am shooting for the viewing Friday. Is that the one you are looking for?

G

armando_x87

Reaction score
man o man.. i am all the way to the west coast. may he rest in peace. and everyone attending, have a safe trip.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
So for those attending the evening service....interested in dinner? If so before or after? Kim, Maria, and I will be staying at the Hilton in Mt Laurel if you guys want to meet up.

Limitless

Reaction score
So for those attending the evening service....interested in dinner? If so before or after? Kim, Maria, and I will be staying at the Hilton in Mt Laurel if you guys want to meet up.

Id be game for either, I can probablly make it over there at 4ish at the earliest depending on traffic but i can always just meet you guys wherever you are at if you do before.

Top Bottom