Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Awful Luck

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
First of all, hello to you all. Today happens to be a bittersweet day. After following almost all the toyota forums, I finally decided to join one, so I'm glad to be a part of my new family. :smile:

Bad news.... I woke up this morning for work like any other normal day and walk outside to this big white smudge on the rear drivers side door on my X. :motz: Some non-driving Arizona idiot hit my truck either coming into or out of a parking space, probably the night before. It's dented AND scraped... Estimate... $350 (from someone I know)

Worse news... I just hit the 1000 mile mark! I still can't believe I had to get a body repair estimate and I haven't even made my first car payment yet!!!! (Just got it on Superbowl Sunday) True enough it can be fixed, but I'm still heartbroken. :bawling:

The irony of it all... I bought an 06 base model Camry in Dec. 2005. as soon as I graduated college. (I let my parents talk me into buying a boring, slow, "dependable" family sedan with low insurance) and between then and Feb 07 had 2 major body repairs (major meaning more than my insurance deductible) and glass repair, none of which were my fault. So I saw the 07 Xs at the local dealerships and figured it was a chance to start anew, traded in my Camry and the X didn't even make it through the MONTH :argh:

I just had to share my sentiment with someone who I know gives a dam about my X. I'll try to get pics if I can... My head hurts, I'm going to sleep. :banghead: :frown:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Damn that sure is some •XR•XR•XR•XR luck, believe me I know how you feel, hope you get it all worked out and welcome to XR :rock:

Spyder327

Reaction score
Yea thats no good man, glad to see another X owner close to me though :top:

DOGO X

Reaction score
Too bad, you will recover from it.! :top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First off Robin, welcome to XR-U! And thank you for letting XR-U be the first board that you joined. There really is a great group of guys and gals here with a ton of knowledge about the X. The board is all about sharing info, stories, and life in general --- sounds cheesy, but it's true. :biggrin:

Be sure to fill out your profile when you get a second and also add yourself to the XR-U member map (located in the red toolbar).

Lastly, put some pics of the damage in your member gallery and we'll all print them out and play TAPS over them tonight. :biggrin:

CBRBob

Reaction score
When I bought my Ranger back in 95, it was a Thursday. Sat eve I was sideswiped while driving home!

WisconsinX

Reaction score
Last December I was at my local movie theatre and when the movie was over I went out to my x. Someone walked past it and smashed both mirrors so they were just hanging by the wires and they took a pelet gun and shot my roof and windshield. That was with 3000 miles on the truck. So new mirrors and painted roof. About 2000 worth in damage. Never caught the guys. It just makes me sick to think that they see me driving and think theres the truck we smashed. Oh well they will get theirs one day. Just my little story to add. I feel your pain man!

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
Two weeks after i got mine a guy delivering (sp) pepsi dropped his hand cart down my fender and door. That was 1,400 to fix it :argh:

project-c2

Reaction score
I feel ya. I damaged my tailgate 2 days after I bought it. Wish Toyota made tailgates like they used to.:dontknow:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Well... now a definitely feel a bit better. (Not cuz of all ur f-ed up situations, just cuz I know that someone knows what I felt like :rolleyez:) I'm still price shopping, but $350 is the best I could get so far.

X-Rizzo or Spyder327, you guys got any body shop hook-ups out here? I've only been living here for a year :dontknow:

The digicam I got for christmas sux and I can't get a good enough picture with my phone, so I'm still working on the pics...

Spyder327

Reaction score
Well... now a definitely feel a bit better. (Not cuz of all ur f-ed up situations, just cuz I know that someone knows what I felt like :rolleyez:) I'm still price shopping, but $350 is the best I could get so far.

X-Rizzo or Spyder327, you guys got any body shop hook-ups out here? I've only been living here for a year :dontknow:

The digicam I got for christmas sux and I can't get a good enough picture with my phone, so I'm still working on the pics...

Body shop...not so much. But if you need parts, lemme know :top:

Top Bottom