Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

B/O Mod Headlights

07XR808

Reaction score
I think I might just do that and lemme borrow cam from my gf hopefully ill see her 2day and i was wondering and this was after the fact that I already did it. Does modding the headlights affect any part of my warranty? Its a real big concern for me.....

The only thing that could affect your warranty is if it does anything to do with your headlights. For example, if you have water that seeps in and causes electrical damage, I don't think they'll fix it since it's been tampered with. As for the chips, I would just re-bake them and re-do them. I had them but i just re-sprayed them because little things like that bother me

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Here it is my B/O Mod with no reflectors :D

BEAUTIFUL!!! Another BSP XR with the B/O headlight mod! Look nice bro! Now come out t the cruises. Hope to meet up with yah! Hopefully you can make the BBQ. :top:

BSP 05 X-Runner

Reaction score
Great job on the headlights... Now black out the emblem gives BSP a more pizzed look :laugh:

Sykotic336

Reaction score
Yeah thanx lol gunna redo them tho caused some places are chipped and I dont like it lol and yeah im down you just gotta tell me when exactly so I can take off.

Gotta buy some more paint to do it and ima try some new and hopefully no one else in hawaii has it yet. Something like this...

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Yeah thanx lol gunna redo them tho caused some places are chipped and I dont like it lol and yeah im down you just gotta tell me when exactly so I can take off.

Gotta buy some more paint to do it and ima try some new and hopefully no one else in hawaii has it yet. Something like this...

You mean put an eyelid on your headlights? 07XR808 has them. I think it looks nice on BSP XR's...but a bit of advice for you...don't spraypaint the eyelid on. Go and get the kit or get the stickers for it.

07XR808

Reaction score
Just do it your self bro. I got the template for the eye lid if you need em. Looks dope on BSP.

Sykotic336

Reaction score
Is not haveing my side flectors illegal? and could I pass safety check without it? because im redoing it and I wanna make shure I can if I take it off

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Is not haveing my side flectors illegal? and could I pass safety check without it? because im redoing it and I wanna make shure I can if I take it off

You will be fine. Other people have taken them off and they are all good.

xtoplinex

Reaction score

Do what I did....just tint your reflectors, so at least it's somewhat legal..:laugh: ...that way you still have them on at least. :top:

And don't worry, the second time you paint it will aways be better than the first attempt...it took me 3 times to get it finally where I want it! :top:

1st attempt
P6190496.jpg

2nd
100_0236.jpg

and finally third...:top:
CIMG0800.jpg

BTW: How are you liken' the site...instead of CustomTacos.. :laugh:

07XR808

Reaction score
Yo Manny if you want to know what the eye lids look like with the BO Head Light Mod, mine look exactly like XtoplineX:top:

07XR808

Reaction score

I got this off the Recon Rules Q&A:

Are clear corner lights legal?
No. The lights MUST have an orange reflector at the front corners and corresponding red reflectors at the rear. This is a FEDERAL LAW. Simply putting in an orange bulb DOES NOT make it legal. Most of these aftermarket lights do not have DOT on them, and therefore would not pass anyway. If you modify a DOT corner light by taking the orange reflector out, it is NO LONGER DOT legal.

Probably won't matter much, but just thought I'd throw it out there

Sykotic336

Reaction score
God damnit why must they have laws for these kinds of things...:motz: they should just make it cali style :adore:

Sykotic336

Reaction score
Do what I did....just tint your reflectors, so at least it's somewhat legal..:laugh: ...that way you still have them on at least. :top:

And don't worry, the second time you paint it will aways be better than the first attempt...it took me 3 times to get it finally where I want it! :top:

1st attempt
P6190496.jpg

2nd
100_0236.jpg

and finally third...:top:
CIMG0800.jpg

BTW: How are you liken' the site...instead of CustomTacos.. :laugh:

Way better haha and I like the one above with those things by your signal light and that sexiful eyelid. Gimme gimme :adore: and I think I gotta buy another pair of headlights. They just look f'd up up close that is.:hmmmm2:

xtoplinex

Reaction score
Way better haha and I like the one above with those things by your signal light and that sexiful eyelid. Gimme gimme :adore: and I think I gotta buy another pair of headlights. They just look f'd up up close that is.:hmmmm2:

naaaaahhh, don't do that...just keep on practicing on the headlights you have now...no sense in buying new headlights when you are pretty much going to do the same thing to the other headlight....just start sanding. :top:

Sykotic336

Reaction score
naaaaahhh, don't do that...just keep on practicing on the headlights you have now...no sense in buying new headlights when you are pretty much going to do the same thing to the other headlight....just start sanding. :top:

Yeah well I got some of the krylon paint and the old seleant on the inside of my lens which is :motz:and I jus have too much silicone on the ends... I was just gunna buy another pair use those as my stock ones and work on my current ones so I can wait for the paint not to chip and then put it back and wahtnot blah lol. Why would I mess up the new ones? Then again...:laugh:.

Top Bottom