Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bad experience with High velocity motorsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexrunner

Reaction score
High Velocity Motorsports 5380 Cameron St # 3 Las Vegas,NV

(702) 248-0600

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Doug you arent goibg to sell crap to xrunner owners anymore due to this. It doesnt matter if that was the old boss or not. Debt stays due by company not owners. I'm assuning a chapter s corp.

U pay 1500 back and u keep a good name and keep customers or u don't easy fix. If that was me I would find out where I had to go with my baretta to get a refund. Just saying you are lucky this op seems reasonable.

I believe HVM only sold stuff for X-runners because Doug had an X-runner. I don't know that they still even offer anything for our trucks. I think they are more of an motorcycle and ATV performance based shop. Still the bad publicity is never good for business. And unfortunately Doug was the face of HVM from the perspective of everyone here at XRU. So he gets some of the blame whether or not he has any control of the situation.

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
pillsbury saying people are dumb for wanting what is their's id pathetic just sayin maybe you can spare 1500 dollars with out a blink but me personally shit would go down id find the name of the ex owner the hit the phone book under his area code, google up his address and go get my money or make him lose more

burnboy

Reaction score
my earlier post was tasteless. i apologize. this is all bad business. i think sweets has a guiltier consciouss for posting this thread than the actual posessor of the money. i knew a guy who ran a shop like this. someone would pay for jobs and it would go to completeing jobs left sitting because he spent the money. he got some good management in place and it turned around for him. just sux really. for everyone involved im sure

Murderface

Reaction score
some of you guys are really f'ing dumb

Wow dood! Not trying to make any friends I take it? Some of the remarks are dumb but saying a member is dumb is just wrong.

And yes David HVM no longer sells automobile parts at all.

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
so doug, are you still employed by HVM? do you draw a paycheck?
who do you report to? who do you turn in timecards to? or commission requests?

who is the owner of HVM NOW?
like it was said b4, even if the guy no longer owns HVM, if it's in business still, a debt is owed... when businesses trade hands, the debt of said business is owed by the NEW owner unless otherwise specified in the contract of the sale....

the fact that doug is even posting in this thread gives me faith that HE has nothing to do with this.. but I think he could help resolve it maybe???

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
I'd like to apologize to Doug. I went about this the wrong way. As all the posts kept coming I started thinking more about it and getting angry all over again. Doug is at NO fault here. Any defacement of dougs reputation is regrettable. I should be held in a darker light for the way I approached this. Sorry Doug.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score

like it was said b4, even if the guy no longer owns HVM, if it's in business still, a debt is owed... when businesses trade hands, the debt of said business is owed by the NEW owner unless otherwise specified in the contract of the sale....

the fact that doug is even posting in this thread gives me faith that HE has nothing to do with this.. but I think he could help resolve it maybe???

I do my own thing most of the time sometimes on the side and sometimes full time, I am a private contractor for many local businesses in the IT field among other skills (always have been). I did not receive steady pay (or pay at all) from HVM for quite a while this past year for work that I have done (but this is more personal then id like to get on here and is water under the bridge for me at this point).

That is not how corporations work, only if the new owner purchases a business from an old owner does he take on any debt incurred. The old owner straight up walked away, there was no purchasing of HVM.

I'd like to apologize to Doug. I went about this the wrong way. As all the posts kept coming I started thinking more about it and getting angry all over again. Doug is at NO fault here. Any defacement of dougs reputation is regrettable. I should be held in a darker light for the way I approached this. Sorry Doug.

Thanks dude, I appreciate you making that clear. I am going to see what I can do in the future to help you out.

Last edited:

Spyder327

Reaction score
7/27/10 was the date I paid them for an x-1. I was the second to order after supply ran out according to apr. Probably a hundred Phone calls later, I'm still being blown off. I had a lawyer contact them, and also the new York better business bureau, still nothing. I didn't want to talk smack about them, but they're thieves. 1380 dollars is what they got. I got a sore ass. I let David at apr know, and he even did more for me than high velocity did. Just saying you shouldn't give high velocity your money unless you plan on writing it off on your taxes as a charity donation. I'm beyond mad, but a lawyer will charge more than what they stole from me. They're thieves, nothing more, nothing else.

How long did you wait before trying to dispute it?! if you paid via credit card, you should have had up to 6 months to dispute it...

? :hmmmm2::stupid:

Ive personally handled very large sums of money at a clip that has come from fellow XRU members, they always got what they paid for when buying from me.

Do you represent things "bought from you" in a different manner than "bought from HVM"? I for one have never seen you make the distinction between the two until now (though i could have easily missed something like that previously).

If you didn't make the that clear until now, then no shit you're getting flack for this, especially if you're the one who took his payment information.

I didn't take any money from him, so I cant give it back to him. The details of this transaction are business related, not personally related to me.

If you don't understand the difference between a company and just a employee I don't know what to tell you.

Crude Example:

You are a cashier at say... Pet Smart.

A customer walks in and asks for a full refund for a hamster he purchased a few months prior that has died. The store will not do the refund under their policy but the customer is still very upset.

Are you the cashier going to personally refund the money out of your own pocket????

I get what you're attempting to say with this, however there are multiple reasons why that analogy doesn't work here.

I don't even know the name of the owner! How's that for communication? Never have spoken to him and can't get a phone # or email address to save my life!

This throws up the biggest red flag for me as far as the lack of assistance you've gotten in getting this info (regardless of how helpful it ends up being).

His email is an HVM address, his phone number is no longer in service, and the address on file for HVM is a PO Box...

And those are?

Me giving you an email address that im assuming he doesn't check (since I don't get a reply), and a phone number that just went to voicemail would do nothing for you...

Then what's stopping you from providing him that information?? You helping him should translate to you handing him as much of that information you can and trying to let him go after that person, not saying it won't help and then not giving it out.

Doug you arent goibg to sell crap to xrunner owners anymore due to this. It doesnt matter if that was the old boss or not. Debt stays due by company not owners. I'm assuning a chapter s corp.

This is not at all always true unfortunately. I highly doubt it was a corp (more likely an LLC) and sadly shady business owners often get away with things like this.

While i don't think Doug is obligated in anyway to discuss his employment terms, etc. It seems apparent to me he can supply more info than what seems to have been supplied. For example, is the company an LLC? If so, paperwork was filed with the state it became an LLC in, which will have the owner information or transfer of ownership information.

Also, i see no harm in providing the new owners information - as even if he isn't "obligated" to help, it doesn't mean he can't/won't. as an "employee" in your cashier example, you'd be able to provide information on new management to let the customer go that route so you don't have to be involved.

I agree and disagree with parts of this. Clearly it's a "lesson learned" on your part to never let anything like this go that far without getting your money back. You should have gotten it back (or tried to) much sooner than you did. That being said, you'd think after months and months, Doug would also see some red flags with this (especially if owner was never around, etc). - Mistakes all around in my mind.

I do my own thing most of the time sometimes on the side and sometimes full time, I am a private contractor for many local businesses in the IT field among other skills (always have been). I did not receive steady pay (or pay at all) from HVM for quite a while this past year for work that I have done (but this is more personal then id like to get on here and is water under the bridge for me at this point).

That is not how corporations work, only if the new owner purchases a business from an old owner does he take on any debt incurred. The old owner straight up walked away, there was no purchasing of HVM.

I see no reason why you shouldn't be listing any/all contact info for the old/new owner as well as any public company information.

The old owner doesn't just walk away (on paper anyways) if it is/was a legit filed company. There's certain public documents and transfer of ownership papers that should be going on.

Last edited:

WCD

Reaction score
When the old owner walks away and it wasn't sold, that usually means the business went belly up or it went into some kind of receivership. Whatever the case, it sounds like a mess.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
sounds pretty shady man for real. Ironically when I purchased my tuck it had a HVM sticker on the back glass and I did some research on it and found a website that hadn't been updated in over 2 years. So I just figured it was some company that had an epic fail in trying to become the next URD or something. This is the first time I've ever seen anybody else talk about it. What's the story behind HVM?

ok dude you seriously need to hold off and get your facts straight, HVM was never trying to be the next URD. HVM is mainly a motorcycle performance shop all the XR stuff they do was kinda Doug's project and if I'm not mistaken went away when he sold his X.

to the OP your situation sucks bro, you need to just go down to paypal, your CC company or bank or whoever you paid through and go through the dispute process to get your refund.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
How long did you wait before trying to dispute it?! if you paid via credit card, you should have had up to 6 months to dispute it...

Do you represent things "bought from you" in a different manner than "bought from HVM"? I for one have never seen you make the distinction between the two until now (though i could have easily missed something like that previously).

If you didn't make the that clear until now, then no shit you're getting flack for this, especially if you're the one who took his payment information.

I get what you're attempting to say with this, however there are multiple reasons why that analogy doesn't work here.

This throws up the biggest red flag for me as far as the lack of assistance you've gotten in getting this info (regardless of how helpful it ends up being).

And those are?

Then what's stopping you from providing him that information?? You helping him should translate to you handing him as much of that information you can and trying to let him go after that person, not saying it won't help and then not giving it out.

This is not at all always true unfortunately. I highly doubt it was a corp (more likely an LLC) and sadly shady business owners often get away with things like this.

While i don't think Doug is obligated in anyway to discuss his employment terms, etc. It seems apparent to me he can supply more info than what seems to have been supplied. For example, is the company an LLC? If so, paperwork was filed with the state it became an LLC in, which will have the owner information or transfer of ownership information.

Also, i see no harm in providing the new owners information - as even if he isn't "obligated" to help, it doesn't mean he can't/won't. as an "employee" in your cashier example, you'd be able to provide information on new management to let the customer go that route so you don't have to be involved.

I agree and disagree with parts of this. Clearly it's a "lesson learned" on your part to never let anything like this go that far without getting your money back. You should have gotten it back (or tried to) much sooner than you did. That being said, you'd think after months and months, Doug would also see some red flags with this (especially if owner was never around, etc). - Mistakes all around in my mind.

I see no reason why you shouldn't be listing any/all contact info for the old/new owner as well as any public company information.

The old owner doesn't just walk away (on paper anyways) if it is/was a legit filed company. There's certain public documents and transfer of ownership papers that should be going on.

Yes everything sold for the XR was a product of HVM, things sold from MY person were sold as from my person.... That is not a hard concept to grasp.

Example: Me parting out my truck (those are items sold FROM ME PERSONALLY).

Example: Me selling my engines that I picked up and intended to build (those are items sold FROM ME PERSONALLY).

Example: Someone paying HVM (not doug) for an APR X1 (those are items bought from HVM).

I have never refused to give willie any information and its just useless information to his cause at this stage of the game. If I cant get a hold of the guy he cant, he needs to go through the proper channels.

HVM is an LLC.

You don't get how a corporation operates, a corporation is its own entity.... HVM is NOT the physical address of the building, HVM is NOT a physical person, HVM is NOT a phone number, HVM is HVM.

When there is no transfer of ownership (and there wasn't) and a new owner simply decides hes going to set up shop and create a new company at that physical address - The problems from the old company DO NOT transfer over to the new business operator unless he buys the company (which did not occur).

I am not just going to post uninvolved parties (new business operators) information all over the web, that is not happening; I intend to talk to them when things get set up to see if they will get involved with this.

I got screwed out of money as well, and it hurt my name; but you need to take HVM to court if you have an issue as do I.

Trying to attack my person or new people coming in and setting up shop is total bullshit and isn't the intention of willie browns or a lot of people in here.

Last edited:

rexrunner

Reaction score
You were an employee at the time, and still are. Just do whats right, or the new owner should. They took control of this company and are making profit after doing so. Sometimes morals needs to be entered into situations. Not just what the law says. How do u sleep at night. U realize 1500 is alot to save for the average person.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
You were an employee at the time, and still are. Just do whats right, or the new owner should. They took control of this company and are making profit after doing so. Sometimes morals needs to be entered into situations. Not just what the law says. How do u sleep at night. U realize 1500 is alot to save for the average person.

Are you serious? So because I was employed by this **** at one point in time I am financially and morally responsible for his actions?

Yes $1500 is a lot of money for an average Joe, INCLUDING ME. So how in the hell do you expect me to pay for it out of my pocket morally or legally when I am not the one who received the money in the first place.

I did not take willie browns money; I was just an employee so get real, I can't do anything about it out of my own pocket.

You ****ing act like I profited off of his misfortune, this is definitely not the case.

Am I upset about it? Yes. But I cant do anything.

If will wants to go ahead and take legal action he has every right to do so, I say go for it, but his battle is not with me and it never was.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
There was a shop here in town. Turbochargers.com. The owner did almost exactly the same thing that is being described here. Took A LOT of peoples' money and lavished himself with it then left the company. Then the other people that weren't in knowledge of that but were in charge had to try and correct as many problems as they could. Until they finally went under. Don't know if it has been re-opened under the same name or at all though?

Not your fault DS. Just caught in the cross fire.

triumphx

Reaction score
^exactly but at the same time if he wants nothing to do with helping out then he needs to pass the op onto someone that can do something about this

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure that has been done before, and more recently. Just not to public view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom