Bagged X-Runner Roll Call

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by lenie03, Jun 23, 2009.

1. firetuner911

firetuner911 New Member

i really wanna bag my X but i would much rather retain the handling(the area i live in isnt very friendly to lowered vehicles). is it even possible to get better handling with bags and how so??

2. revobreaker

revobreaker Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes it can still handle well if its designed properly.

You need to retain shocks and sways, and design the suspension at ride height. When the suspension is articulated out of ride height the handling characteristics will change.

Find a VERY GOOD WELL RESPECTED custom suspension shop and explain what you want.

Research suspension geometry and Four link setups so that you have an idea of what is going on even if you have someone do it for you

3. bagged_06

bagged_06 New Member

I have an 06 tacoma (not an X) that i bagged over 2 years ago its my daily and i have all my suspension in the stock location (upper control arms) and i have no prob. with driving as high or as low as i want, the truck will lay a 20" wheel, but im on stockers right now cuz im a broke MF. Just run shocks and mod your sway bar and it will ride like factory (in the front).

The only CON is that you do run into a camber issue when the truck is almost at 0 psi.

4. JusKruZum11

JusKruZum11 New Member

What's a good bag set up?

How's it going guys and girls! I just started my account and don't have an x yet but i'm planning to pick one up soon as i move up to seattle in january-febuary.so i'm just doing some research on some good parts and prices for air bag set ups so when i finally get my x i can get right to it.this is kinda what i'm shooting for.i sampled someone's x on here and just added the rims i'm planning to get.any info would be awesome!thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

5. nick_gz1

nick_gz1 Active Member

i wanna bag my truck but i have no idea where to start looking?

6. revobreaker

revobreaker Moderator
    Staff Member

Reputable custom fab shop in your area.

There are no "x-runner" kits available

7. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

This one is dope...

This is a nice kit Damn....

Got the rear of my truck bagged. Since August still doing trials...its a nice performance ride but might need to get an accumulator...

#27 Whitebeauty, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  8. revobreaker

revobreaker Moderator
    Staff Member

Accumulator? To stiff for you? Could you go with a bigger bag?

9. TheDirtyGoatee

Dude... I LOVE the look of a slammed Taco. When I had my 03 base model single cab, I photoshopped it on the ground. Never got around to it though. With the XR, I'd love to slam it but the only issue is I hate bagging and my driveway wouldn't support not being able to lift the suspension at will. So I cannot slam it. Also, I actually use my truck as a... well... truck sometimes. So I need a little clearance.

10. revobreaker

revobreaker Moderator
    Staff Member

Why do you hate baggin? you could go from stock height to slammed, still carry loads, and have a great ride *assuming the whole setup is designed correctly, with a good link system*

My sonoma can go from laying frame to higher then stock. I cant say how it will ride yet, but my fingers are crossed lol

11. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Lol..for the fam...n e way the stock diameter of the spring on a t4r is shy under 7. I was going to use 7inch bags but then i found this out. So I had to end up using 6in bags which I got through slam specialties.

12. TheDirtyGoatee

I suppose when I'm ready to begin to serious mod list, I'll contemplate what's important.

13. Red_Hott

Red_Hott New Member

I know all these people posted pics up of their trucks bagged but is there any pics out there of their setups? I would like to see pics of how the front is done and how their 4 link is done in the rear since it seems most here did run a 4 link

14. revobreaker

revobreaker Moderator
    Staff Member

You should be able to find a few pics of blackxtacy's truck, if not under his screen name, then check the previous owner murderedx.

But (as stated above) he is running a parallel 4, with a watts link. I know I have see his pics somewhere

I got slam RE7 all the way around my sonoma and they feel pretty nice with shocks, but i havent been on the road yet. , without shocks the thing bounced like crazy lol

#34 revobreaker, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  15. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

I could only imagine. Have upgraded shocks and sway bar and did the bushings on the sway bar.. Since this is the bagged thread I am in need of a tank with compressor n all. I'm running schrader valves for now. If i could post pics from my phone i would post a pic of the truck down...looks pretty dope.

16. revobreaker

revobreaker Moderator
    Staff Member

I just checked out yout thread and pics, nice job:top:

17. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Thanks man.. Yeah it was fun and challenging. Also alot of research too. calling alot of folks and all but hey thats what you get for innovating...

18. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Look at that this thread got stickied...sweeet.

19. JiNsEiGaNaI

JiNsEiGaNaI Active Member

bagged to expensive and i JUST CANT BAG A X

20. Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl Active Member

Ok bagged crew... want to do this.... but what did you do for your beds? Did you fiberglass them back up? Are they open still? Wheels ar tucking where???

I am thinking of this but not while I owe money on the truck....and not while I drive it every day

But I am very interested in the set up.... can anyone put up pics??? maybe what your beds look like.....