Bags with URD Trac Bar?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Redline, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Redline

Redline New Member

Hi guys. I'm in the process of bagging my truck (4 link) would running the URD trac bar be an issue? I've seen you have to relocate the charcoal canister?

Pros and cons?

Anyone have a bagged xrunner with a trac bar?

2. Coupe

Coupe Active Member

There has been a few bagged trucks, but I do not remember if anyone had a trac bar.

The charcoal canister move was prompted when you did a DJM drop. I am sure you will have to do this as well.

3. markgt531

markgt531 Member

im bagged (not 4link) with URD trac bar and no issues, i didn't move the canister on mines and havent had issue but its something ill look more into one of these days, drove 1.5hrs from PA-NJ back and forth and no issues. Drove it to Xfest-2016 as well no issues

4. BondXII

BondXII Member

The URD trac bar is used to mitigate the axle wrap of leaf springs. The design of it is basically like a single ladder bar. If you four link the rear for the air bags, you'll have the motion of the axle wanting to do two different things. The trac bar wants to pivot with the suspension, while the 4 links will try to move the axle in a parallel motion. The good news is that if you four link, you will not need the trac bar.

If I remember correctly, markgt531 has the spring packs removed except for the main leaf and uses bags to compensate for the sag of the single leaf. In this case, the URD trac bar still works as designed. Also, because there is only one leaf used, there is even more of a reason for the trac bat to mitigate axle wrap.

5. markgt531

markgt531 Member

YEP! very true, i did not fully understood axle wrap/wheel hop. when we bagged the rear and removed 2 of the leafs there was very obvious axle wrap even when i try n do a weak ass peel out (wouldnt dare do burnout with 1 leaf spring). Only time it didnt axle wrap itself is when pavement are wet (duh lol ). My 2nd Xrunner is where i can slightly understand more about axle wraps. my 2nd one 06 swb(stock) did not have axle wraps

but back to URD TRAC BAR.... yes very well worth it. best bang for ur buck! cant go wrong. i looked into caltracs they are nice but since im lowered theres a possibility that itll hit so i opt for URD since its nicely snug and have lots of clearance

cons: if purchasing used, make sure all the hardware/bolts are included ESP the extended botls for the diff.
    pros: SOLID SOLID SOLID!! ull feel more confident and not worry about axle wrap or anything that may be damaged as a result of it

#5 markgt531, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017