Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Battery Hold Down

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
What are the measurements for the bolt holes from the ridge....i want to make sure they'll fit on my truck as well. The other measurements im pretty sure work. I measured earlier in the thread i believe. Whats it look like with the hardware?

Coupe

Reaction score
I will post dimensions tomorrow. I have everything at work.

My only concern is the distance between the caps. And the width of the battery clamp.
Battery.jpg

I might make a second run with a narrower bridge for batteries with the caps that are close together.

Last edited:

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
When is your batch avaialble?

I will be looking at the plain one....powdercoat it pink :)

Coupe

Reaction score
I have plain ones ready now.

You might want to look at your battery and see how close your caps are. They need to be over 1" or 26mm apart. This will vary between batteries.

madtrucker

Reaction score
I will post dimensions tomorrow. I have everything at work.
I might make a second run with a narrower bridge for batteries with the caps that are close together.

That is the stock battery. I will go to a sealed Dekka battery (no caps) when it quits. I'm confused because those clamps look really nice.

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
My only concern is the distance between the caps. And the width of the battery clamp.
Battery.jpg

This looks like my latest battery, is this a Duralast? Tha distance between by caps is lesss than an inch. Just checked again to make sure. Still interested in a super slim tie down in raw Al. Thanks

dramad1

Reaction score
This is the same battery I have right now. Optimas were a few days wait to order. I'm wondering if you have had any issues with it cranking on cold or hot days? I had a few issues with it when it was new but the bugs seemed to work themselves out.
That battery tye down is sweet but may need to wait for the skinny version to come out

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
This is the same battery I have right now. Optimas were a few days wait to order. I'm wondering if you have had any issues with it cranking on cold or hot days? I had a few issues with it when it was new but the bugs seemed to work themselves out.
That battery tye down is sweet but may need to wait for the skinny version to come out

I have not had any issues cranking, All hot days here. Only had tha batt in for about month, until I had to shut it down related to clutch going out.

madtrucker

Reaction score
This looks like my latest battery, is this a Duralast? Tha distance between by caps is lesss than an inch. Just checked again to make sure. Still interested in a super slim tie down in raw Al. Thanks

Yes it is a Duralast. I'm glad you measured it. I would go for slim in red.

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
I have plain ones ready now.

You might want to look at your battery and see how close your caps are. They need to be over 1" or 26mm apart. This will vary between batteries.

I will measure....... might wait till after xfest.... luck might shine down on me :)

Coupe

Reaction score
Here are some added dimensions.

8" between center of holes.

Cbatthold001.jpg

7/16" from center of hole to ridge.
Cbatthold003.jpg

I will start working on a slim version.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Hey coupe whats the hardware look like..? I got some rain outside right now so i'll have to measure tommorow.

Coupe

Reaction score
I am going to provide two j-bolts cuts to length, two steel washers with a rubber backing and two different styles of nuts. This was supposed to be here today, it will probably be here tomorrow. I will post a pic tomorrow.

Coupe

Reaction score
Dbatthold002.jpg

This is a pic of the hardware.

Two (2) j bolts.

Two (2) rubber faced washers.

Two (2) acorn nuts.

Two (2) nuts with nylocks.

Some people will like the acorns, some will like the ny-locks. You get both, but only use one.

5000XD

Reaction score
Is the price known already James? I would love to get an unpainted version.

Top Bottom