Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

best HEADERS for my x?

whats best

• Doug Thorley LT

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • JBA LT

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • shorties?

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • get another brand

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • get another mod!

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
so ive been wondering lately what can i do to my truck! and i thought
HEADERS:biggrin:
but whats my best bet? what sounds the best? plus what can i get the most power from, at the right price of course?

what do you guys have and was it worth the money?

any feedback is appreciated :top:

SIK X

Reaction score
The best ones usually do cost more... I always stick with stainless steel. Never falls apart when built right.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The kind made from 304 stainless or better.

BlackDiesel

Reaction score
I got the cheapest set Headers from URD and the Y pipe and the O2 sensor bypass as a deal bundle together . They gave a geat deal on all three together if you call them not order online.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
doug Thorley LT would be awesome if I knew for sure that it wouldn't fail my truck for inspection in Texas.. but on my ranger I had full exhaust headers back. the thing for me is that adding those LT's would cost a fortune to have a shop weld up a custom exhaust with new cats and a muffler with a nice tip.. not to mention that header gaskets have to fit just right or they will leak

Gadget

Reaction score
What kind of emissions testing do they do in TX?

Do they do a tail pipe sniffer test, or just a plug in test?

G

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I pass no problems. I think as long as you have no cels your fine. TX FTW!

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
well damn it seems like i just have to save like 600 bucks or wait for a descently priced used kit to come out on sale here but im deff thinking DTLT deff tempted into calling urd...ill just have to see how generous my check is with me...and emmissions test? i havent had to worry about passing one of those since i started driving...PABLOS SMOG always hooks it up ( and not burning him, bc there is like 10 pablos smog by where i live lol )

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of emissions testing do they do in TX?

Do they do a tail pipe sniffer test, or just a plug in test?

G

OBD plug on newer models. Sniffer on older. Not sure the exact years.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
texas is the S@#% tho my bros 2011 g37 didnt pass the test cause of a CEL that had nothing to do with emmissions....LA SUCKSS

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
It's the sniffer on 96 and older if it had the obd port on 96 and up it goes off your cel codes . I live in an emissions county

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Happy with thorley long tubes.......but I went with the long tubes, urd y pipe, 02 sims, and urd mk2 exhaust at the same time. So I can't say how just the thorleys sounded on their own....I also had the urd intake at the time.

Gadget has a warehouse of go fast goodies and the URD site is very addicting.

Reaction score
Ordered me a set of DTLT's because it looks good on paper (specs of build & dyno numbers) for the price, availability, and reviews from merit members in the XR community.

absolut

Reaction score
I like my long tubes, bought form URD. That shit is awsome.

Can XR

Reaction score
I was just on the URD site and the JBA LT's are on for 339.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
idk how jbas sound tho...i know im only talking about a 10hp+ gain so im trying to buy one set and making sure im making the right decision

dramad1

Reaction score
idk how jbas sound tho...i know im only talking about a 10hp+ gain so im trying to buy one set and making sure im making the right decision

I have had both. And both sound almost identical. I want to say the jba's sound just a hair more raspy but I'm probably just exaggerating. I'd spend the extra bucks and have them coated for sure to help with the engine bay temps and to protect your investment.
Currently running the jba's and Sdxrunner has my old dtlt's. either set is a good buy.

Top Bottom