Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bigger long tube headers!

Mano

Reaction score
Ok how did you guys just bolt in these upgraded headers ..? i had no problems installing my regular long tubes on my taco it only took me an hour .. but these new headers are a pain .. i mean the bracket that holds the headers at the collector had to be bent so that it would line up and now my URD Y pipe doesn't line up :banghead: ... so now i have to install a flex joint so it fits .. i thought it would just bolt right in but not in my case ....:thumpdown:..

mrguy33391

Reaction score
On my x these new headers bolted up just fine everywhere. I have my stock Y on there so I don't know whats up with yours!

Mano

Reaction score
well i got them to bolt up but there's just alot of pressure to get them to line up i don't want to put too much strain on the header flange so i guess im just gonna add those flex hoses to relieve some strain ..

micpun

Reaction score
i just put mine on today and i have the URD y pipe. everthing lined up just fine. Did you bolt everything up loosely and then tightened it?

Super Werty

Reaction score
I have a different issue on mine. I just found this out over the weekend.

I started hearing an unusual sound under the truck. Took a look around and everything seemed fine until I realized my 2nd muffler was tight up against the cross member.

So somehow my Y pipe has been titled up as it goes towards the back of the truck and it makes the catback raise up forcing the muffler up.

I really dont understand how this is happening. My headers lined up with the bracket just fine and just fine with the Y...yet somehow it's raised the Y up about 1 full inch.

I took it apart and tried to push it down but it wont budge. A flex joint might fix this, if not a second muffler that is shorter and farther away from my cross member will fix it.

I'll keep you guys updated on what I end up doing.

Mano

Reaction score
i just put mine on today and i have the URD y pipe. everthing lined up just fine. Did you bolt everything up loosely and then tightened it?

Yea i got it to bolt up but i still had to bend the brackets that hold the headers to the bell housing .. i am just afraid to putting too much stress on those headers studs and don't want to crack anything .. and did you guys get it in without removing the steering shaft ..?

Super Werty

Reaction score
you dont need to move the steering shaft. unplug some of those ground wires though and push them to the side. unplug the neg battery cable first...unless you like sparks:laugh:

micpun

Reaction score
i definitely didnt have to touch/move the steering shaft.

Mano

Reaction score
I have a different issue on mine. I just found this out over the weekend.

I started hearing an unusual sound under the truck. Took a look around and everything seemed fine until I realized my 2nd muffler was tight up against the cross member.

So somehow my Y pipe has been titled up as it goes towards the back of the truck and it makes the catback raise up forcing the muffler up.

I really dont understand how this is happening. My headers lined up with the bracket just fine and just fine with the Y...yet somehow it's raised the Y up about 1 full inch.

I took it apart and tried to push it down but it wont budge. A flex joint might fix this, if not a second muffler that is shorter and farther away from my cross member will fix it.

I'll keep you guys updated on what I end up doing.

I have that same problem .. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
My exhaust bolts up just fine :D J/k

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. Www.extremepsi.com 2.25" vibrant stainless steel v band clamps. Look on the left side of the page, near the bottom for the "Do it yourself" tab.

Top Bottom