Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blown Motor, coming back stronger

Knight Runner

Reaction score
At least you're getting it fixed, some of us would not have the money to get it done right away. Good Luck

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dam bro, that sucks! So in the pics you have another motor ready to go?

Yes actually. The motor on the ground is my old motor, and the one on the stand is going to be the new "built" motor.

X2 on the lime green :rock:
IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

Reminds me of the NST Drift car:top:

are you going to relocate the air filter? where at??

For the time being it will be high in the fender well, and very secure. Unlike the junky way STS wanted it done. I have enough parts for something even better though, once I get a new air box......

It has been almost 2 months by now since I've been without my truck. Really sucks. But I wouldn't be to this point without the help of some special people. I thank them very much.

Last edited:

xrunish

Reaction score
lime green reminds me of Ken Blocks engine bay piping on his new sti

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I had pulled it off because it was a piece of junk. Basically a rubber version of the hose that comes out of your dryer. It wasn't sturdy enough to support up, and so my filter was rubbing and bouncing off of the inside of the rear fender. It actually wasn't that much higher than the turbo, but because of how it was situated, the fender clips tore a hole in the filter. :thumpdown: Oddly enough, 3 days before the hydro lock, I was planning on purchasing the UBI from Airaid. Ironic.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. Probably the 2nd weekend of July I will be able to do another Dyno. I hope to have some accurate #'s for the first time, since I started my turbo project. I'll start out at 10 PSI, and maybe raise it to 12 or 14......:smile: We'll see how the new tune goes.

blastap

Reaction score
mark what parts are you putting in the new long block? any ttc parts?

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
dang that sucks bro. you should paint you valve colors candy apple green:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Let me get it back up and running well, and i will be happy to give it a go. Need to get some video this time. We have to wait until my LSD is installed 1st. I'm done with the one wheel peel.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Holy crap:ahhhhh:This is the first time I saw this thread. That sucks!!!...but it's nice to see other members like Grumpy helping you out.:rock:

And x4 on the lime green:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
We'll start the rebuild on the 22/23. Should be running by that weeks end. Fingers crossed.

5000XD

Reaction score
Yikes, just seen this thread today! Sorry to hear about the truck man. Hope you can get her up and running again real soon.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy crap:ahhhhh:This is the first time I saw this thread. That sucks!!!...but it's nice to see other members like Grumpy helping you out.:rock:

And x4 on the lime green:top:

Very true. I've been helped by quite a few member actually, and am extremely thankful to all of them. Dream Maker, DS, Eric(TTC),Gadget, and Grumpy. This rebuild wouldn't be happening without all of their help, nor XRU.

Top Bottom