Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bolt pattern and affordable wheels

thechief21040

Reaction score
I'm sure it's on here but can't find it at the moment what is the bolt pattern for the x?
Also, I wanna go wide like 10.5" or wider with a descent offset where is the best place to get a good price on 19x10.5" wheels? Any brands that are better suited for out trucks?

rps13jp

Reaction score
i haven't mounted anything to our trucks but I've had good experience with rota. I mounted them to a 240sx and drifted competitively at a track. never had any issues, but due to how low my car was i always avioded pot holes and what not. granted that was about 1000lbs lighter than a x-runner. Im sure people will have something other than this to say but i dont like the idea of "cheap" wheels. I plan on getting a set soon either grid's or SVNs in somehting like 10.5" wide

Redline

Reaction score
Varrstoens have good offsets and widths. I had the es1 19x 9.5 +22 / 19x11 +12

III

Reaction score
theres a buncha us on here that rock varrstoens including me, they come in beefy sizes and 5x114.3 like us, i get 20x10 +15 fit no problem

Redline

Reaction score
Or you can go even cheaper......XXR Wheels..... but remember you get what you pay for

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Or you can go even cheaper......XXR Wheels..... but remember you get what you pay for

This, it's the poor man's wheel. There are okay and have alot of great looking wheel a cater do the a variety of widths and offsets just watch it when your driving. Don't even think about getting near a pot hole or a curb! You should anyways but these types of wheels don't have the strength of other wheels!

The cheapest way to go is to look for a good set on Craigslist, just keep an open mind about style and sizes!

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
http://shop.varrstoen.com/p/es3-19-hyper-black?pp=24#
Looking at these bad boys it's not really a bad price and I think there plenty wide enough, probably gonna go with a square stance any suggestions on what kind of rubber you wrap these with? I have BFG now

Those are straight up carbron copies of Volk CE28N. These companies are getting lazy; at least change SOMETHING in the design :laugh:

Need more information regarding tires...Which BFGoodrich tires do you currently have? Do you love or hate them? What type of driving are these for? What type of weather and road conditions? How long do you want them to last? What's your budget? Etc.

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
This, it's the poor man's wheel. There are okay and have alot of great looking wheel a cater do the a variety of widths and offsets just watch it when your driving. Don't even think about getting near a pot hole or a curb! You should anyways but these types of wheels don't have the strength of other wheels!

The cheapest way to go is to look for a good set on Craigslist, just keep an open mind about style and sizes!

I only see HerraFrush crowd on XXR wheels. I don't think I ever seen one on auto cross or track (cannot speak for drift though). I think of wheels similar to tires, there are the only things physically connecting you to the road...out of all the things, do you really want to cheap out on that?

Craiglist is always a good source, but just be extra careful examining the wheels. I seem my fair share of bend, hairline cracked, out of round, etc examples.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I only see HerraFrush crowd on XXR wheels. I don't think I ever seen one on auto cross or track (cannot speak for drift though). I think of wheels similar to tires, there are the only things physically connecting you to the road...out of all the things, do you really want to cheap out on that?

Craiglist is always a good source, but just be extra careful examining the wheels. I seem my fair share of bend, hairline cracked, out of round, etc examples.

I completely agree with that statement and that's why I usually only buy TSW wheels!

thechief21040

Reaction score
So right now Im running BFG Gforce sport comp2 255/45r18's I like them there a good all around tire but I wanna go more to like a 275 or wider and for street I'm looking at 19's, I also wanna go with a stickier tire any suggestions on that?

Also who runs tsw's?

STONER-X

Reaction score
If you want affordable. . Then 19's are not the way to go... rubber for those is high...

Main reason I got 20's

hrspwr236

Reaction score
So right now Im running BFG Gforce sport comp2 255/45r18's I like them there a good all around tire but I wanna go more to like a 275 or wider and for street I'm looking at 19's, I also wanna go with a stickier tire any suggestions on that?

Also who runs tsw's?

I am running 275/40r 20 Nitto Invos and the grip is phenomenal! Wet and Dry. They are mounted on my TSW Willows

If you want affordable. . Then 19's are not the way to go... rubber for those is high...

Main reason I got 20's

Coming from experience, 19's in regards to tires are going to be a lot more expensive and options are sometimes limited. 20s or 18's will he the most cost effective option! Paid 1200 for my Hankook V12 in 19's and only 800 for my Nitto Invos in 20s.

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
I also currently have Hankook V12 Evo on the truck. I keep coming back to this tire for my daily driving. Good balanced and value; dry, wet, longevity, noise, and at the limit forgiveness for a Max Performance Summer tire. It definitely would not be my first (or second or tenth :laugh:) choice for any sort of competitive or serious driving, but for daily fun it is great. I would almost call it a proper performance all season rubber. I got the stock size on close out for $400 :blurock: However, they did just introduce a newer version and compound, so all of those opinions might be worthless :rofl: Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position is another Max Performance tire I had good experiences with; better grip than V12 Evo, but lower longevity.

If you are looking for an all out grip a the cost of bad weather handling, longevity, noise and price...most popular options are Ventus RS-3, Direzza ZII Star Spec, Potenza RE-11A, Ecsta XS, etc. From personal experience, I haven't bothered with anything between Extreme/Mar Performance and Winter/Snow rubber in a very long time. Too many compromises.

Size wise, I would be skeptical about going much wide than stock 255...not sure you can really exploit the added contact patch on the street especially since our cars aren't power monsters. But that's just speculation at this point for me...

thechief21040

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice I think I'll finally wind up going with varrestoens in 20x9 in the front and 20x10 in the rear everyone keeps telling me to go with nitto 555's which i know are really good tires but I checked out those hankooks and really liked them so we'll see probably one of those two as far as the extra width I'm going s/c soon so we'll take care of that little problem

Top Bottom