Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boost supporting mods?

triumphx

Reaction score
What u really need... well what are your specs? Size turbo and so on.

I would get a fuel pressure regulator. Ppl who dont and go forced induction dont make sense. Our factory one isnt boost reference. soo atock 43 psi fuel pressure with u running 7 psi is only 36 psi and so on. Get me? That's why everyone runs huuuuuge injectors to compensate. Get a regulator and you will be ok.

Get a cooler t stat ftom apr. Will help

What boost controller? Awesome man u will love it

Turbo i already listed its a precision knock off gt35, i have a fuel regulator even though this kit has ran fine without it. I have a apexi avcr boost controller.

If your running jba shorties you need that bung before the cat! If running catless anywhere in the y is fine, obviously further upstream the better, I have seen many members place their bung between the o2 sensors..
Sorry i didnt clarify, im going catless. ill prob place it on the y-pipe right after the header

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any where in either side of the Y or even the cat back portion. It is actually best to place it rear of the turbo because the pressurized pre-turbo exhaust will distort the readings of the AFR gauge. If not damage it. The only AFR gauge I know the likely has enough wire to do that is the AEM Uego wideband. Should be fine at 7 psi though. Get to 10 is where you start seeing funky things happening.

Also, was this an STS kit or made off of that design?

triumphx

Reaction score
Any where in either side of the Y or even the cat back portion. It is actually best to place it rear of the turbo because the pressurized pre-turbo exhaust will distort the readings of the AFR gauge. If not damage it. The only AFR gauge I know the likely has enough wire to do that is the AEM Uego wideband. Should be fine at 7 psi though. Get to 10 is where you start seeing funky things happening.

Also, was this an STS kit or made off of that design?
Ok i got ya, i have a plx wideband from when my sentra was boosted and it has about 15 ft to play with. Ya im staying at 7 lbs so no worries there. Its not a sts kit, its custom. The guy i got it from said precision turbo used his truck to make a prototype which never ended up getting produced. It has jba ss headers, 3" custom ceramic coated y-pipe, burns mufflers(all exhaust is v-band), tial bov and wastegate, titan oil pump, precision intercooler, apexi boost controller, emanage, rc 550 injectors, walbro fuel pump, urd plug play harness, urd rear 02 sim and a aluminum intake box stamped precision.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dayum! Now that is pretty bada$$! One of a kind there.

That one should give the APR one a little friendly competition. Will blow the STS kit out of the water.

Last edited:

rexrunner

Reaction score
Sounds like a legit setup. Do you have any pictures?.t

Last edited:

triumphx

Reaction score
Dayum! Now that is pretty bada$$! One of a kind there.

That one should give the APR one a little friendly competition. Will blow the STS kit out of the water.
Thanks im pretty excited about it, the guy put down 383 hp/400 lb at 7 psi on 91 octane. Ill get a few more with a tune for 93 octane. If you ever come to austin for anything holler at me as i could use a hand if possible man. I just picked up my xr a few months ago

Murderface

Reaction score
Just make sure the Wideband sensor is either in the 2 or 10 o'clock position. This will allow any moisture to drip out.

triumphx

Reaction score
Ya i had the wideband on my sentra when it was boosted, thanks for the tip though man

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have family in Austin, as well as friends. So that would be easy deal.

triumphx

Reaction score
I have family in Austin, as well as friends. So that would be easy deal.
That'd be awesome, i should have the rest of the small parts within a month or so. Just let me know when its good for you, Ill buy the beer and grub

rexrunner

Reaction score
Open a Photobucket account. Upload them. post img links here.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good deal. I am quite curious to see this particular setup.

triumphx

Reaction score
I have one more question, what spark plugs should i run with this kit?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am running Denso IKH27's. You will be fine with some IKH24's

triumphx

Reaction score
Heres some pics on photobucket, I got some denso spark plugs as well, thanks torspd. Sorry bout the weding pics they snuck in there some how as well with the bad pics. I had a giant ass coffee this morning ha. Let me know what you guys think... http://s921.photobucket.com/home/silverspecvser

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Here you go :top:

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

245.jpg

Geez those fuzzy pics hurt my eyes. lol

Last edited:

triumphx

Reaction score
Thanks man, Ya that starbucks was like jet fuel thin am. Any clue where i can get a diagram of the ecu pinout? I've done some searching and came up with nothing. I have a urd p&p harness and want to tap into it so when my misc parts get here in a week or so ill be ready to rock!

Top Bottom