Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brand new owner here!

Billy182

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm a brand new x-runner owner and totally new to Toyota too!

I wasn't even looking for one, but recently when a friend who loves his Tacoma suggested I take a look, I saw one online at a dealership only 75 miles away. So, I took a look, and ended up driving home with the truck.
It's a 2013 "X", all original with 26k miles.
I'm a long time sports car/hotrod guy with SCCA background as well as good old fashioned American muscle.
I actually had just finished a restoration of a Chevy S-10 xtreme, and had no intention of selling it, but with this change of plans I'll let it go. The funny thing is, both are "last year" vehicles. The S-10 is a 2003, last year of the extended cab, 4.3 V6, 5 speed stick and 8.5 inch posi rear, and the x-runner is a 2013.
If you couldn't already tell, I'm very excited and have already ordered just about everything I plan on modifying except for the radio/speakers/amp/sub which I'll need a little more time for research.
Here's a quick pic, totally bone stock '13 "X" :)

Attachments

• IMG_9838.JPG
    IMG_9838.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 245

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome!! Where are you located?

madtrucker

Reaction score
The X is great little truck. Welcome to the Underground!

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Welcome from Canada! Just FYI. "Last year" only applies for some. Canada and Hawaii got 2014-15 xrunners!

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! I had no intention of ever getting one either until I drove my friends, it was love at first shift haha:)

Billy182

Reaction score
What have you ordered? Got any big plans for it?
No real big plans, just some basic stuff to make it livable for me. All of this is already on order:

• XII lowering kit with QA1's
• 18x9.5's all around with 285/40's
• TRD headlights with 90/100's on relays
• smoked depo tail lights
• Osram plasma halo fogs
• gaylord bed cover with speedsturr wing
• core/hurst shifter with TRD knob
• TRD big brake kit

I'm sure I'll think of more things, but any more suggestions is always appreciated. I'm trying to research a good audio upgrade, I'm leaning toward an 8 inch alpine head unit with a 45 watt amp module. if anyone could suggest good speakers to fit in the stock locations in the doors I'd appreciate it. I'll be fabricating a powered sub to take the place of the oem sub.

markgt531

Reaction score
whoaa WELCOME!!!! what part of NJ ? hmm i guess i should use the X more often when i go back to NJ lol

Billy182

Reaction score
I'm in north Jersey just outside Manhattan.
I haven't had the truck that long but moving toward some mild improvements to make it an acceptable driver for myself (see my supercharger thread).
On the advice of another member above, I bought a new TRD PRO grill, it looks pretty cool and I guess I'll sell the brand new grill craft mesh grill and stock bezel (if anyone wants both, message me for a great deal).
Other than that I'm looking forward to having some fun installing all the new parts and then enjoying this great little truck

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm in north Jersey just outside Manhattan.
I haven't had the truck that long but moving toward some mild improvements to make it an acceptable driver for myself (see my supercharger thread).
On the advice of another member above, I bought a new TRD PRO grill, it looks pretty cool and I guess I'll sell the brand new grill craft mesh grill and stock bezel (if anyone wants both, message me for a great deal).
Other than that I'm looking forward to having some fun installing all the new parts and then enjoying this great little truck
Make sure you check in with @*IrunnIt* he's in N. Jersey as well. He's going URD S/C in the near future. And make it to my mini-meet in the spring!

Top Bottom