Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brock's non runner build

memario1214

Reaction score
Well I want to make a build on XRU then too!!! :giggity:

Mark I think he is referring to his AFR gauge 02 sensor. He wants to use one sensor and send the values to both his gauge as well as his ECU. I told him I was pretty sure that it doesn't work that way, but then again I am not 100% positive myself. The AFR gauge that I bought from AEM comes with a sensor that on my truck I plan to install in the collector for the headers.

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Well I want to make a build on XRU then too!!! :giggity:

Mark I think he is referring to his AFR gauge 02 sensor. He wants to use one sensor and send the values to both his gauge as well as his ECU. I told him I was pretty sure that it doesn't work that way, but then again I am not 100% positive myself. The AFR gauge that I bought from AEM comes with a sensor that on my truck I plan to install in the collector for the headers.

dooooooooooooit man! (BTW) this isnt much of a build thread, I know.

and yes, u got the question correct...........I talked to a few ppl and got ideas. Now I need the money.....not so easy without work.

Im thinking maybe in the y-pipe for the wideband.

Screw the dyno for now.................either tonight or tomorrow night Ill get a 40-90 video for the "acceleration wars" thread since thats free.

Worst case (my back is pretty messed up right now), I can get 1 during the week.

but for the price, a Dyno isnt on my list of shit to worry about anymore.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hell YEAH!!! 40-90 Vid!

Just make sure to note if your tires are stock size or not. That way the timing can be more accurate.

There are quite a few that have PreRunners/4x4's who have participated. So it will be good for you to see where you stack up. :top:

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Looks good Brock! Did you get your exhaust issues sorted?

Thanks mang.

The rasp isn't noticeable anymore (after the force feeding element was installed) all I hear is the whine.

So, leaks were fixed due to welding and I threw out the clamps....the exhaust rasp isn't heard inside, and for outside I have yet to have someone else drive the truck, so I dunno.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that most on lookers would :adore: your truck's sound. :D

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
I have a feeling that most on lookers would :adore: your truck's sound. :D

:blurock:

the looks I get while passing are quite funny depending on WHAT I passed

This place is nothing like southern Ca.....its pretty qiuet around here due to much "old money" being around

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Thanks mang.

The rasp isn't noticeable anymore (after the force feeding element was installed) all I hear is the whine.

So, leaks were fixed due to welding and I threw out the clamps....the exhaust rasp isn't heard inside, and for outside I have yet to have someone else drive the truck, so I dunno.

Well as long as your happy with it, who cares right?

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
True.....I just hope it doesn't sound like ass outside.

But I don't trust someone to open up the truck so I can hear it.....imma need someone to tape as I flybye.

IMHO, rasp isn't a big deal to me on an F/I system. Function>Form. My rasp on my truck never bothered me. Plus it was always kinda fun to scare high-schoolers when they're 1ft away from the exhaust on the sidewalk and you let 'er rip lmao

This will give you a pretty good idea of what others hear. Exact same setup that's on your truck is what was on lil' red before the evo came along lol

(you need some good speakers to truly hear everything the way it should sound)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIyAoe3SOWs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osBWChy4ci4[/ame]

and since I hate posting videos of myself losing, here is a clip with the same MS3 a couple of months later....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDKayaKkHVE[/ame]

Last edited:

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
next adventure...................

42 draft designs ultimate catch can :)

possible group buy on tacomaworld soon........I cant start a group buy for sure and rep a product I havent tested tho, so it will be a couple months I assume.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Starting a movement ! Lead the way.

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
and the next mod, 42 draft designs ultimate catch can via

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gr...igns-oil-catch-can-group-buy.html#post7088429

dscn4010.jpg

plus I just ordered another boost gauge and it should be here saturday
31dI4QjE4QL.jpg

:biggrin:

then Ill have an autometer 3603 for sale in new condition

my haste..... ur benefit

105-3603.jpg

Ill have BrokenTusks 2 5/8" gauge for sale soon with a FIXED light clip (autometer is sending me 1 free)
liveSQdXbK.jpg

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Boost Gauge slut. Lol

Can't wait to see that can installed. On your engine and mine. Woot!

Last edited:

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Boost Gauge slut. Lol

Can't wait to see that can installed. On your engine and mine. Woot!

Gauge may have been installed last night as a test fit..... But we had a power out for 12hrs in 100 degree heat!

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Digital_Wideband_Header.jpg

Should be here tomorrow.
I paid $110 through amazon... signed up for their credit card and prime for $50 off, and free 2 day shipping....

Ill pay the card off when it shows up, and as for prime, I may keep that even though I have 1 month free.

Also ordered an autometer mounting cup for it, and an extra bung just in case.

Now to finalize the location to mount the 02, and also where to mount the gauge..... I wish I could come up with something simple and stealthy like the boost gauge, but Im at a loss :hmmmm2:

Top Bottom