Bypassing clutch accumulator

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by colin, Oct 11, 2012.

1. colin

colin New Member

I just changed my clutch in my 07 x runner. Everything went fine until hooking the fluid line to the accumulator... got cross threaded even though looked fine. I cannot seem to find out any info about this part other than it sometimes balances vibration in the pedal. It seems to be a dealer only part. I do know some kits bypass this. Does anyone know more about this issue? I need my blue back on the road asap. Such a headache of a problem for the final part of the new installation.:hmmmm2:

2. Knuckles

Knuckles New Member

Not sure on this one, or why you would want to bypass this at all, its holds all your hydro charge!! im sure Gadget will chime in momentarily with an answer.

3. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

I might have one of those tossed in the corner in the shop.

Let me know if you want it. Just pay shipping and it is yours. It has some lines on it also. Might get you fixed up.

Anyway, you do not need to unhook any lines when doing the clutch. Just unbolt it and the slave cylinder form the transmission and let them hang.

G

4. rexrunner

rexrunner New Member

Bypass it. It makes the pedal softer and gives it less feel. "More comfortable to drive". Removing it should give you more feel. Fyi its bypassed in my truck.

5. Knuckles

Knuckles New Member

never mind did a little research lol, you have to excuse me im a Caterpillar Mechanic and loss of an accumulator on one of our machines means a bad day for the operator :frown:

6. colin

colin New Member

Hell yes!! Thank you for the info as well. Where you located? I am more than happy to do that. I will next day it if needed. How can I pay the shipping?

How did you bypass your? New line only?

#6 colin, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  7. rexrunner

rexrunner New Member

M10x1.0 to 4 an. Dt two of those and a 24" 4 an line with a 90 degree on each end. Go from master directly to slave. Of youhave a local hydraulic supply thy can make you a line

8. colin

colin New Member

Thank you for the info... I followed Chiltons this time, just did a oe replacement for now. When I finally upgrade to stage 2 or 3 kit, the swap will be much simpler... Im happy to have found this valuable forum.

9. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

Call me at URD around noon EST.

877-887-3872 x3

G

10. Tunedx

Tunedx Active Member

Someone needs to do a write-up on this mod. Sure this will make a world of a difference.

11. DrEaM MaKeR

DrEaM MaKeR New Member

Or have some made to sell, I'm sure people would jump on it if it was resonable.

12. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

I know my way around cars and I'm sure it sounds like a dumb question but what is the accumulator and what will bypassing it accomplish? Lol

13. autobodyX

autobodyX Member

It slows down the clutch engagement making it smother,works like a shock absorber only for the clutch instead of the suspension. If you like to clutch drop or just want more feel in the peddle its a good mod. On the is 300 its up top the left strut tower and most of the owners loose it, its an easy mod for them.

14. hotrodt

hotrodt New Member

I did same as rexrunner. Pedal is super easy to push and feels great.

15. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

A picture would help all of those who don't know what it is, to help visualize it better.

16. DrEaM MaKeR

DrEaM MaKeR New Member

This is the best I could do pnc 31490
    [​IMG]

17. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Awesome! Thanks Dream Maker!

18. bluedemon

bluedemon New Member

any info on a premaid line? maybe URD could come up with something?

19. rat7761

rat7761 New Member

20. jecbearclaw

jecbearclaw Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't our accumulators used for emergency stopping? In the event that the system looses fluid, it allows for a few brake applications?