Call in the cavalry: An XR color change / restoration journey

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by Seamless, May 9, 2020.

1. blu xr

blu xr Member

man i get jelly eveytime i check this thread lol...

meant to ask you, when you painted your wheels, you said you used anthracite.
    was it the toyota supra color anthracite metallic (1a1) paint code?

2. Seamless

Seamless Member

Haha thanks! Im still having fun adding little bits here and there. Next phase is wheels but Im having a hard time deciding what I like.

Its actually just Plasti-dip spray can paint which is a spray rubber coating if you havnt used it before, so not an actual manufacturer paint code. I had to order the anthracite color as it wasnt in stores. I didnt want to do a permanent badass paint job on the factory wheels so dip is a good alternative as you dont have to sand at all and its really durable until you change tires and the edge gets torn. If you end up using dip make sure you clean the wheels and spray at least 4 coats. You want a thick material build so it can be peeled off clean, too thin and it just shreds. Ive done whole cars using a wagner type sprayer and buying it in gallons. The below link is just an example, you should be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/Anthracite-G...3647&sprefix=anthracite+plasti,aps,195&sr=8-1

blu xr likes this.
  3. blu xr

blu xr Member

ah...cool. i may try the plastidip in satin black. either that or see if the work equip wheels off my current supra fit the xr and get some forgestar f14s for the supra.

btw anthracite, quicksliver and royal sapphire pearl (rsp) are the most desirable/collectible colors for a mkiv

4. Seamless

Seamless Member

Blu xr : Supra and X-runner are toyota owner life goals! Good job

5. Seamless

Seamless Member

Got some viking shocks for the rear. Anybody have good baseline settings for compression/rebound?
    [​IMG]

mejbro likes this.
  6. mejbro

mejbro Active Member

They may have shipped them at a good baseline already?

7. Seamless

Seamless Member

Nope. Just cranked all the way one direction. I searched and found something but they had helper bags.

mejbro likes this.
  8. mejbro

mejbro Active Member

Sweet, have fun with install! I loved upgrading one system at a time to see how much each component made a difference at the track.

9. Seamless

Seamless Member

So the time has come to do wheels! I've been toying around with some ghetto photochops and have narrowed it down to these 3 options. Size would be 19x9.5 front and 19x10.5 rear with a 22 offset all around to stick out a tad. Tell me what you think?

Option 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Option 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Option 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. blu xr

blu xr Member

opt 1 or 2 looks the best

glad your going with 19s because 18s always looked too small to me. since im not gonna drop mine anymore i may go with 20s.

11. mejbro

mejbro Active Member

Option 1, WHOOP WHOOP!

12. Seamless

Seamless Member

Hard to go wrong with a classic style

mejbro likes this.
  13. Seamless

Seamless Member

I used the wheel forum here to gather lots of info. 18s do look too small because these trucks have big oblong openings. 20's look good sometimes but then you risk trimming if lowered or running a skinny tire. I still use her as a truck (race truck haha) and want to run a 40 series tire because the roads here have been under construction for years and are horrible.

blu xr likes this.
  14. Superloki24

Superloki24 Active Member

Option 2 for my choice, but Option 1 is a strong second place.

Seamless and blu xr like this.
  15. Hawaiis Ribbon X

Dude hats off to you. Awesome color choice. That thing looks bad ass!

16. Edgeman

Edgeman Active Member

Option 1 gets my vote! It has a very clean look. Option 2 would be 2nd. No way in heck would I put option 3 on my X...lol