Calling all transmission issues on Xrunner

Discussion in 'N/A Mods & Tuning' started by X-roller, Mar 9, 2010.

1. meanx

meanx New Member

Well now my transmission is Jamed in gear,I took it apart thought I had it fixed so I put it back together was shifting it and it Jamed in gear so now I'm gone to take it somewhere and let them fix it, has anybody ever had any luck on getting there transmission rebuilt?

2. gearhead899

gearhead899 Active Member

I wish rebuilding these trannys would fix them but iv come to the conclusion that they will never be great. my 1st xrunner I got used with 50k or so on it. you couldn't rush the 1-2 shift or it would grind and you would have to take it out of 2nd and put it back in (cost me many good runs at the track) and also 5th would grind at higher rpms but seemed to smooth out after I switched to redline fluid. my current truck I bought brand new and you still cant rush the 1-2 shift. I really wish these things had a cheaper trans swap option cuz id do it in a second. my other cars I can bang shifts super fast without a problem but not these trucks. I really feel like that contributes to not being able to get these things to go real quik in the 1/4 mile too :thumbdown:

3. SGTPT

SGTPT New Member

Mine grinds in second gear. My TO bearing is screaming time to replace.

4. rennurx

rennurx New Member

My trans was rebuilt and it cost more then buying a new one.. someone needs to come out with a rebuild kit. Or a t56 swap kit that you can actually go on a web site and click "buy it now". And then I would be happy.. I don't see my trans lasting too much longer being boosted. Since I'm already on number three and I was n/a

5. TommyXrunner

TommyXrunner New Member

http://www.manualtransmissionpart.com/RA60.html

6. rennurx

rennurx New Member

7. TommyXrunner

TommyXrunner New Member

you can also buy rebuilt trannies for around $1500 on ebay. new is about $3000 i think. i'm scared my trannies gonna die one day and i won't know what to do. rebuild the same crappy tranny and get another 5 or so years out of it or spend some serious $$$$ and swap. i think someone needs to make a new (much improved) tranny for our trucks that just simply bolts on for $3000

8. meanx

meanx New Member

I found a company that does only standard trans. they have a rebuilt tran. with a 2 year warranty unlimited mileage for $1475 that's the best deal I've found yet. www.Manual-transmission.com ,in Tallahassee Florida.

#88 meanx, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
  9. TommyXrunner

TommyXrunner New Member

nice find man!

10. Brianburkhart1

Brianburkhart1 New Member

Mine had developed the bump and then the other day it blew third gear also noticed that it was getting hard to put into 1st and reverse. Trans shop said they can fix it.

11. MaxRun

MaxRun New Member

Hello, I'm thinking of buying an x-runner but now I'm concern about these reports of problems with the 6-speed. Has Toyota ever admitted or address the problem? Did they make changes to newer models? Thanks!

12. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

No. I took mine in for a transmission problem while it was under warranty and they refused to do anything about it and then charged me for their time. And they still use those junk transmissions in the new models.

The truck is fun as hell, but the transmission ruins it. The best thing you can do is try to get one for a really good price and keep a couple thousand saved up to put a t56 trans in it.

13. Red-XR-Pride

Red-XR-Pride New Member

My tranny went Full Slop. even needed a New Core when i went to get it Rebuilt. I went to "The Truck Shop" in Miramar California. He got me a new Core and rebuilt for 900$ i havent had a single problem like i had with the way the tranny was from the factory. and its went thru boost and now its just N/A but i flat foot shift anytime im racing or trying to have some fun. so i assure you the tranny gets plenty of abuse. and it works perfect. if anyone is gonna have it rebuilt id send it there.

14. Deathoftheparty

Deathoftheparty New Member

Is it the T56 magnum that everyone swaps in?

15. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

Not everyone, but a couple people have. I believe Coupe and Torspd both have the t56 magnums.

16. lamia2super

lamia2super Member

so whats the solution here ? replace or rebuild ?

17. Coupe

Coupe Active Member

I have a T56 magnum, which is slightly different from the T56.

To rebuild is the cheaper route, but you may have the problem return.

The T56 is a good mod, but it is expensive.

#97 Coupe, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  18. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

I have a built T56. Not the Magnum version though. Absolutely love it!

19. Gearbound

Gearbound New Member

in the r150f and r150 and r154 marlin crawler recommends redline MT90 and this has been proven true. is this the same with the ay6?

my roommate has a 2014 and since day one at 9 miles on the ODO 2nd has been knotchy and not smooth. mine is a 2014 and shifts like butter.

20. Tunedx

Tunedx Active Member

No matter what the ay6 is pis.. LS1 swap ftw