Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

camber kits

morcheez

Reaction score
is it possible for us to use a camber kit ???im retarded when it comes to suspension ...i helped a friend lower his sentra and he had a camber kit which was pretty simple

Jonathan

Reaction score
dont need it since the factory adjustments leaves room to be aligned properly with the stock hardware:top:

morcheez

Reaction score
so why do i have negative camber ?? cuz where i went sux?

nxrunner

Reaction score
Nice Sig Jon.:top:
Where did it go?

Last edited:

gerk

Reaction score
be careful when doing your camber, i bent one of my black tabs that come of the chassi. they are a little weak.:thumpdown:

Jonathan

Reaction score
be careful when doing your camber, i bent one of my black tabs that come of the chassi. they are a little weak.:thumpdown:

i bent 8, yes 8!!!! when i mashed the brakes one time, flattened all the tabs, •XR•XR•XR•XRed my alignment, almost crashed me :hmmmm2:

gerk

Reaction score
i bent 8, yes 8!!!! when i mashed the brakes one time, flattened all the tabs, •XR•XR•XR•XRed my alignment, almost crashed me :hmmmm2:

WTF is up with the tabs? sorry but im glad im not the only one!!:eviltongue: so how did you fix it? did you just bend them back? thats what i did and now im scared to mess with it again. i rotated my tires and i have threads showin on the inside of one tire!:thumpdown:

project-c2

Reaction score
The older tacos had cam bolts on the lower CA to adjust camber and caster, is that still so with the 07 X's? I'm thinking about the C2C kit?

alaxrunner

Reaction score
i went and had my x aligned for the 3rd time in 4 weeks today and hopefully got it right, they called around to everyone local who sells the camber kits and no one even had a part number for 1, they said it wasnt avaliable.but i got my camber to -.07 on driverside and -.05 on passenger side.

nxrunner

Reaction score
i went and had my x aligned for the 3rd time in 4 weeks today and hopefully got it right, they called around to everyone local who sells the camber kits and no one even had a part number for 1, they said it wasnt avaliable.but i got my camber to -.07 on driverside and -.05 on passenger side.

3 alignments = $$$$$$$:motz: :hmmmm2:
Thats is about one expensive lowering kit. :thumpdown:

XRobber

Reaction score
That is within factory specs.
You do not need any kit. factory specs are -1.4 to +1.4

XRobber

Reaction score
Which drop kit do you have?

nxrunner

Reaction score
That is within factory specs.
You do not need any kit. factory specs are -1.4 to +1.4

Hey Rob, you have got to see his tires, man. In less than 1000 miles they were in pretty bad shape. I was following him and watching him in the rear view a couple of weeks ago. you can definetly see the the top of the tires leaning. :argh:
It wont be long before he will have to invest in some new ones. $$$$$$

XRobber

Reaction score
Hey Rob, you have got to see his tires, man. In less than 1000 miles they were in pretty bad shape. I was following him and watching him in the rear view a couple of weeks ago. you can definetly see the the top of the tires leaning. :argh:
It wont be long before he will have to invest in some new ones. $$$$$$
I understand that, his camber may have been real bad before, but the numbers he just posted are 100% within factory specs, and WILL NOT wear tires at all.
Which drop does he have I know its not C2C, im just curious what it is..

nxrunner

Reaction score
I understand that, his camber may have been real bad before, but the numbers he just posted are 100% within factory specs, and WILL NOT wear tires at all.
Which drop does he have I know its not C2C, im just curious what it is..

Im not sure... I think its one purchased from Jon....:dontknow:

alaxrunner

Reaction score
yeah its one of jons prototype kits,after my first alignment it was at -1.2 on driverside and -1.5 passenger side and had inside edge tire wear, then went back to the dealership and made them realign it, said everything was in factory spec another week went by and inside edge tire wear, yesterday rotated tires and went to the local firestone today and they got the specs to the -.7 driverside and -.05 passengerside and they reset the toe out an 1/8 of an inch they said this would fix my problem,so i only had to pay for 2 alignments and i am trying to get my money back on the first alignment i got becasue i got the lifetime alignment at firestone for 139.00.so i hope its right now and i hope with no more tire wear.:top:

XRobber

Reaction score
yeah its one of jons prototype kits,after my first alignment it was at -1.2 on driverside and -1.5 passenger side and had inside edge tire wear, then went back to the dealership and made them realign it, said everything was in factory spec another week went by and inside edge tire wear, yesterday rotated tires and went to the local firestone today and they got the specs to the -.7 driverside and -.05 passengerside and they reset the toe out an 1/8 of an inch they said this would fix my problem,so i only had to pay for 2 alignments and i am trying to get my money back on the first alignment i got becasue i got the lifetime alignment at firestone for 139.00.so i hope its right now and i hope with no more tire wear.:top:
okay... this makes more sense...
ALL of your camber numbers are fine, and are not going to wear your tires..
Now..
Your Toe.... if it was off like that, then yeah... that is probably why you were having tire wear issues...
I have 8000 miles on my truck with a drop kit at -1.9 with ZERO wear on the inside of my tires, and I do not rotate my tires at all.

Top Bottom