Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Catch can

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
I bought a universal catch can from VMS and I'm just wondering if y'all just have it connected to the PCV or the vent on bank 1 too? My reason for asking is hose on bank 1 was saturated in oil and I'm assuming that's where all the oil coating the inside of my s/c came from. Should I run a split to both sides to catch can or just from the PCV?

Also, where are y'all mounting catch cans at? I thought I could bolt it up to the s/c coolant reservoir bracket but that doesn't work. On the passenger side, above the skid ecu, directly across from where our coolant reservoirs are bolted up are two 10mm holes. Thought about putting it there

2006 X-Runner

30Birdy

Reaction score
I inverted the reservoir bracket making the coolant tank closer to the firewall. That freed up space to mount the catch can. I ran the tubes from the passenger side valve cover PCV and the other to the lower nipple on the supercharger intake tract. In 6K miles I only have a few tea spoons in the can.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
From what I understand. If your boosted you want to run the catch can on the passenger side and if your NA you should run it on the drivers side pcv. Most that I have seen were mounted on the passenger side towards the firewall.

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
From what I understand. If your boosted you want to run the catch can on the passenger side and if your NA you should run it on the drivers side pcv. Most that I have seen were mounted on the passenger side towards the firewall.

Seems to make more sense in my specific case. The pass. side hose had quite a bit of oil in it. I may try to run both if I can find a split fitting of some sort.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I have heard of ppl running two catch cans but I haven't seen a T fitting running both banks to one can.

STONER-X

Reaction score
I had both of my lines running to one can my can sat in the corner behind the abs pump...

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
I only used the driver side pcv and mounted all the way to the other side on the intake heat shield cause there's so much unused space there lol

Top Bottom