Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheap long term moding.

RatfinkX

Reaction score
So like the title says I'm looking for some cheaper mods I can do to the truck. it's my daily, and after the other projects and intests I have I don't usually have thousands to drop on the ride or the time to have it down for extended periods like I would like too. So I come to you o wise members of xru if you had 500-1000 dollar budget with stuff you could do in two three days max what would you do. Keep in mind that multiple weekends in a row is doable but it's gotta be driveable come Monday. Any suggestions from the mundane to the crazy are welcome

Coupe

Reaction score
Short shifter would be the first.

Then maybe a catback.

STONER-X

Reaction score
Afe stage 2 intake
Cat back
Short shifter

Money left over headers and y pipe

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
BHLM (Black HeadLight Mod) and RGM (Recessed Grill Mod).

Tom2769

Reaction score
After the performance stuff listed above, I'd install a backup camera (assuming you have a double din head unit).

RatfinkX

Reaction score
Digging the suggestions. I been looking at intakes for awhile not sure if I'm sold on them for our trucks with out F.I. and short shifters are definitely on the radar

STONER-X

Reaction score
Digging the suggestions. I been looking at intakes for awhile not sure if I'm sold on them for our trucks with out F.I. and short shifters are definitely on the radar

Urd did the hard work and has proven that a simple intake does provide more power over the stock airbox

79centTaco

Reaction score
I have a K&N SRI intake on my truck, and I love the way it sounds. I bought the truck with this intake, so I am not sure if their was any added power or not.

When it comes down to it, it's all up to you and what you want to do. Whether you want added safety, power, audio etc. All I can say is do your research before you pull the trigger.

30Birdy

Reaction score
I prefer to do things that enhance and modernize things. I added things like the locking remote gas door, LED bed lights, DRL mod, fog light on with high beam mod. All on these are controlled through factory looking switches that replace the blanks X's have to the left of the steering wheel. Of course all that was done after the SC and BBK :laugh:

ninjastar808

Reaction score
Hose clamp FTW! :top:

Exactly, good sir! And I didn't even know how easy it was to remove, before I stumbled upon that YouTube vid by accident haha! Other small long term mods - ALL LED LIGHTS!! Well, other than my HiD headlights lol :D

RatfinkX

Reaction score
obviously everyone has their own taste in what to do which is awesome. I've done the black head light mod last fall and painted the front logo gives the truck a nice aggressive look. Ninjastar808 when you did the led swap did you have to change the resistors for the lights at all? or was it a pretty simple plug and play? random thought has anyone done a shaker hood on the truck? i feel like that would be pretty unique but obviously that would require some serious fab work.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
Good seat covers and good floor mats. Not flashy, but they go a long way.

ninjastar808

Reaction score
obviously everyone has their own taste in what to do which is awesome. I've done the black head light mod last fall and painted the front logo gives the truck a nice aggressive look. Ninjastar808 when you did the led swap did you have to change the resistors for the lights at all? or was it a pretty simple plug and play? random thought has anyone done a shaker hood on the truck? i feel like that would be pretty unique but obviously that would require some serious fab work.
Only changed bulbs (yes, was plug n play), since I read that LEDs use less energy. Although, I have a persistent problem with the pass license plate bulb... Need to investigate the issue as its eating up bulbs and has a black burn mark around contacts :hmmmm2: may need to replace bulb housing..
Good seat covers and good floor mats. Not flashy, but they go a long way.
x2 :top:

30Birdy

Reaction score
Yes, to each his/her own. I just like tinkering and adding things that were not available that should've been. Kinda like modernizing it to keep it current. In the end, you can only do what we can afford. So read, study forums and choose wisely. Keep it long enough and it could be your dream vehicle.

Top Bottom