Code p2241

Discussion in 'Stock Performance/Mechanical' started by Xrunnerbjt, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Xrunnerbjt

Xrunnerbjt New Member

So it has to be soon?

2. dramad1

dramad1 Active Member

If it was me, I'd do it ASAP and get the afr gauge hooked up ASAP along w/ an ultra gauge or scan gauge to monitor what's going on. You spent all that money, doing these things will let you see what's going on, give you more accurate readings and help you trouble shoot any issues when they may arise and help you protect that investment/motor.

3. Xrunnerbjt

Xrunnerbjt New Member

That's my plan. If it wasn't for my scan gauge I would have never known about the code today. Within the next week or so I'll try to get it taken care of

4. x20Runner05

x20Runner05 New Member

Isn't there a left n right bank of the motor and just 4 O2 sensors. 2 front n 2 rear. Last time I looked at these trucks which I do every day.

5. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

He meant,"cylinders 3 & 4". And there are two WRAF sensors (fronts) and two O2 sensors (rear).

6. Xrunnerbjt

Xrunnerbjt New Member

i just wanted to make sure i was ok to drive it for a few days until i get paid and have enough to buy the extensions? i dont want to damage anything from it. My mechanic friend says its ok to drive on it, but i need to move them back eventually to the collector.

7. dramad1

dramad1 Active Member

Thanks torspd. I miss worded it. I meant cylinders.

8. FinnJ

FinnJ New Member

What was the outcome of this?
    I installed UCON and SPEC-U headers some time ago and P2241 code is been pending/stored almost every day since. Never before. Should I change the left front O2 sensor? I have the URD O2 extension harness, the connections are checked twice.

9. Billy182

Billy182 Member

Are you using the OEM sensors or did you replace them?

10. FinnJ

FinnJ New Member

Yes, the OEM and stock 125k driven sensors. Maybe the change was too much for the other one.

11. Billy182

Billy182 Member

It's possible the sensor was damaged internally upon removal/installing. At 125k they might be getting lazy anyway, so replacing both probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Go to the denso website and confirm the correct part number for your specific vehicle, or just buy new Toyota.
    Double check connection on both sides between firewall and head, spray open connection with liberal amount of MAF sensor cleaner or electrical connection cleaner and let dry before reconnecting. Hopefully this will solve your problem

#31 Billy182, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  12. FinnJ

FinnJ New Member

Ordered new ones, OEM Toyota sensors, $120 each. P2238 was also pending a while.