Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Complete 3.73 gear swap write-up

quicky06

Reaction score
you cant just change the reluctor ring in the trans they should all be the same. you cant use a pcm flash for the pre runner either due to the tire dia. being diffrent. if i remember correctly if you do the math the gear ratio nd the tired diameter cause the x and the prerunner to rotate at the same speed.

crown14

Reaction score
That sounds awesome if the price isn't too high :top:

Well for me to get a quote from him, I need to know what I am talking about when I contact him, and for a "complete 3.73 gear swap write-up" this thread isnt quite complete...

WCD

Reaction score
Well for me to get a quote from him, I need to know what I am talking about when I contact him, and for a "complete 3.73 gear swap write-up" this thread isnt quite complete...

I don't know what you're asking. What do you want to know?

speedway07

Reaction score

Did you read it? WCD tells you what gears will fit in the stock 3rd member 3.58:top:. 3.73 wont fit so you need to buy a new 3rd member or used, look for the link I posted up on a empty new 3rd mem for 275$ or so(make sure you DONT get a locking diff 3rd member) and 3.58-3.73 gears cost 800 form yota and 570 from the site and they are both out off pre runners and 4x4. Oh an if you by a compltet 3.73 3rd member youll need to swap over your LSD, Is that more complete for ya and he also tell us how to install but thats something better left for a shop

WCD

Reaction score
I'm a puss.
I took the gears out a month ago and reinstalled the 3.15's. I should have tried a few more runs at the track, but I bought a motorcycle and since then I only drive the truck when the weather is crappy.

daveczrn

Reaction score
Puss.. no just kidding.

Any idea if you have VSC if you need to get a third member from a truck with it also?

WCD

Reaction score
The 3rd member is the same for all of them.

Last edited:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
if i may ask, what made you decide to remove the gears?

WCD

Reaction score
It's a great ratio for racing, but I use my truck mostly as a daily driver. It was more of an experiment on my part.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
3rd member

Hey Man What Did That New 3rd Member Come Out Of?? I Was Gonna Think It Came Out Of A Tacoma With Maybe A Towing Package Or 4runner.

Write Me Back And Let Me Know What's Up.

Mike

BlAck_TAco

Reaction score
man those gears must be great..... wait a minute. i ALREADY HAVE THEM LOL.:driver:

Top Bottom