Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Creaking clutch (how to fix)

tacoturbo

Reaction score
I had a question about the shaft. I used my fingers to rotate it. Is it suppose to be loose enough for me to do with with two fingers. (hehe i used two fingers to rotate my shaft, and its loose)

Yes, it can be turned by hand. Just position it when it feels centered. Creak should go bye-bye.:biggrin:

navy jackal

Reaction score
i just went and fooled with the clutch, finally got rid of the creak.:top:

Xample

Reaction score
mine only creaks once in awhile..weird huh:dontknow:

navy jackal

Reaction score
i noticed mine does it the most when its hot out. maybe it has to do with that.

X-Runnin

Reaction score
I turned and greased mine, hopefully it will stay away :biggrin:

navy jackal

Reaction score
mine didn't squek tonight but it was cool out ill have to see what happens tommarow if its hot.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I turned mine around in both directions, but it seemed to go back to the same "seated" position. I was a little dissapointed, but it hasn't made any noise since. :top:
Thanks Tacoturbo! :adore:

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Hopefully the shaft twisting is the ticket to prevent the squeak. :top:

AsianTaco

Reaction score
mine is squeakin also.. so just take it in? how long is it normally gonna take?
Try doing it yourself first. I hate going to the dealership. Plus, they don't know how easy it is to fix it so you might have to wait around for like an hour or so and all they'll do is spray some lube in the shaft which doesn't do anything. Just turn the shaft with pliers.

Matt's06

Reaction score
I had the TSB done a few months ago and the sqeak is back!! It is not quite as loud as before.

mrc71

Reaction score
Funny,mine started creaking just this week.I only notice it when I leave work after it has been sitting in the sun all day.I will go rotate my shaft now!Thanks for the heads up on this.This is a prime example of how forums like this can be such a big help.

Rickenfan

Reaction score
I've had the same issue with my 06. I just shove some paper towels or shop rags up in that area to protect the carpet from overspray and spray all the pivot points with silicone spray real good. It works, I can't even hear the clutch move when driving

-Rickenfan.

tattoomaker25

Reaction score
i dont know i rotated the shaft in both directions and nothing. the squeak is still there. im gonna grease it up a bit see if that helps. but did anyones still squeak after the first few tries. i really dont want to take it to the dealership

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Did mine on 9/2/07 (see post# 50) and it hasn't creaked since.:top:

tattoomaker25

Reaction score
well i dont know maybe its just time for mine to be replaced. irotated the shaft a few time nothing. i tried it with a bit of grease and still. so i guess im gonna have to take it in cause its driving me crazy.:thumpdown:

Vince77

Reaction score
I just moved mine a little by hand and it went away. :dontknow: I was so use to hearing it, it didn't even bother me anymore. It took a while to realize it wasn't there. And then I did one of these...:biggrin:

Top Bottom