Creaking clutch (how to fix)

Discussion in 'Stock Performance/Mechanical' started by AsianTaco, Aug 29, 2007.

1. rios

rios New Member

yes if i hold it in one spot it continues to squeak, and i know this if for the pedal itself, but i knew i would get some immediate response here

should be taking it in sometime soon

2. Roby124

Roby124 Member

Mine is squeaking -.-

3. Xoverdose

Xoverdose New Member

I'm taking mine in tomorrow to get it looked at and hopefully they will have the stuff on hand to fix it. It blows my mind that I just turned 3000 miles and its squeaking bad enough to piss me off. I'll update everyone on what my dealer says.

4. RMCO

RMCO New Member

Just turned 5500 miles on mine. Damn pedal just started to creak. Annoying as hell. I don't have time to take mine in for a few weeks but I'll post the dealer tells me when I do.

5. SouthernmostXR

SouthernmostXR New Member

:burnout2:Just turned the shaft by hand and in 3 seconds like new Thank you guys that figured it out.

6. JerseyXR07

JerseyXR07 New Member

I just did the same. Mine rotated about 180 degrees and i used alittle grease and its perfect. the pedal feel is also a lot better.

7. Tacomagirl11

Tacomagirl11 New Member

OK so my 2011 is squeaking... Dealership retorqed the pedal but it cam back.... uuugggghhhh I thought buying a toyota would get me away from crap like this. Im under waranty. Is the TSB for the 11's also. If so can someone tell me what the number is so I can get truck in for the fix. thanks

Lisa

8. AsianTaco

AsianTaco Active Member

This is my second Xrunner. My 07 did it for a while I fixed it, went away, came back, then went away. My 2010 same deal. Right now it's in the "doing it" stage. I notice it happening on a really hot day.

9. quest4mike

quest4mike New Member

Mine was @ 20 k miles when the dealer replaced the master cylinder.. I have an o7, the dealer replaced it under the 05 06 recal (Squeeky clutch pedal).. I have 55K on it now with no probs..

10. xrbeach13

xrbeach13 Member

they updated the tsb for this condition at the 3rd of October and mine used to creak mostly on rainy days but it wasnt that bad i would grease all over the master cylinder and it would get alill better but never silent in order to silence it the tsb called for you to replace to master cylinder part #31420-04020 Clutch Master Cylinder Assembly and pedal part #31311-04012 Clutch Pedal Sub-assembly. mines great now feels soo smooth its like a new truck and im about to hit 80k hope this helps

11. tech86

tech86 New Member

need to get rid of this stat!

12. speedyx

speedyx New Member

lol same here

13. scareurpasenger

scareurpasenger New Member

I think I have the same issue. Guess I will check the pedal tomorrow.

14. lamia2super

lamia2super Member

so my clutch pedal is starting to squeak when i press it in -.- is their a for sure fix for that? i skimmed threw this thread and everyone seems to do something different

15. oshawa taco

oshawa taco New Member

I followed the rotating method, from the first page. Worked like a charm for me.

16. peusdeus

peusdeus New Member

I have the same problem too, even on my 05 xr, i only have 6k miles on my 2012 and its squeaks. I had it fixed on the 05 just by telling the dealer ship to change the clutch pedal assembly. You gotta be hard on them. Tell them I did not buy a vehicle with a squeaking clutch. fix it now! lol be aggressive!

17. specless

specless New Member

just turned the rod over 360 degrees, i keep everyone posted hope this works

18. stan23

stan23 New Member

I get a little squeak, but by far the most annoying issue is that tho first 3-4 inches of clutch travel, the pedal has a bit of side-to-side play.

19. Judas

Judas Member

i have the side to side feel too.

but also everyone seems to be talking about the pedal itself that squeals...
    i have a chirp like sound on the outside of the truck until i press the cluth pedal about about halfway down.(the excess play before engaging).

anyone half any experience with this?

20. stan23

stan23 New Member

That's the throw out bearing issue. Very common.

When I looked at the service records of my truck, it looks like the TOB was replaced twice during my trucks lifetime!

The fix is harsh - gotta remove the tranny.